+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Port Vale Post Match Thoughts

weren't we the first to win on some league or cup a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Good to see you transition from Banter Glenn...you are welcome

Keep them on banter they wanted that for their debates between their little gang leave them there!

0n penalties

Glenn what’s happened to banter can’t seem to get on it lately

OK I'll get some stick for this, but I thought Sadlier was close to being MoM.

In the first half he put in more quality crosses than anyone else in the last 3 games.

Second half he was asked to play a different role, in CM, and yes his decision making is too slow at times, but don't look for a scapegoat because he did ok. Don't know how he missed that chance in the box, but maybe he wasn't expecting it to come to him from Smith's knee, who also missed the sitter.

Is that our first penalty win since Orient?

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    OK I'll get some stick for this, but I thought Sadlier was close to being MoM.

In the first half he put in more quality crosses than anyone else in the last 3 games.

Second half he was asked to play a different role, in CM, and yes his decision making is too slow at times, but don't look for a scapegoat because he did ok. Don't know how he missed that chance in the box, but maybe he wasn't expecting it to come to him from Smith's knee, who also missed the sitter.

Is that our first penalty win since Orient?
    All about opinions as it should be.
    Sadlier for me takes the wrong option on too many occasions.
    Very capable but just frustrating imo.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    0n penalties
    We were the first team to win a FA Cup tie on penalties Crash.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    weren't we the first to win on some league or cup a few years ago.
    Yes I think it was away at Scun thorpe.
    1991/2 7-6
    Last edited by pip_y; 30-11-2021 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Added year and score

It was always going to be a difficult match against a well organised team riding high in the lower division.In the end we were a tad fortunate to come through but we know we have players who can play a lot better and nobody really performed to a level they can play.At the end of the day we move on now to Friday and another banana skin match.It did show me what Wiles and Barlaser bring to our team,that bit of class .

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    Appreciated gm_gm! I was a regular contributor to this site when based in Australia under the handle '10555 miles to NYS' (obviously!) but I couldn't use that account after return to UK.

To answer my own question, the previous run of 16 unbeaten games was under Steve Evans in 2014, but they were all league games. No defeat in the next 3 home games would surely see the crown pass to PW without question.
    In 1950/1951 (4th Nov -03 Mar) and 1969/1970 (13 Oct - 7th Feb) is our record League unbeaten run of 18 matches.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast