+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stockport Fans Not Liking Their Antics

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    So too were Leeds. I don't suppose many posters on here can remember the Leeds team of the '70s. Coached by Don Revie in the art of flying through the air after an opposition came within two yards of their player, agonised rolling, crowding the ref and linesmen, appealing every free kick and throw-in, there was even talk of bribery. So successful were Revie's "game management" "tactics" that they fooled even the FA into giving him the England manager's job.
    Whilst having six of the dirtiest players around in Giles, Hunter, Charlton, Bremner, Reaney and Clarke

Norman Hunter was humorously called "Bites yer legs" for his dangerous tackles yet was Player of the Year in 1974 - how the Leeds fans laughed! He was a sort of subtle Brian Stubbs.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    So if it doesnt bother you or you dont dislike it why do you post about it so much? Very strange.!
    Theres no need to go handbags as this is on topic as the thread is about comments from other fans forums like I say one of your many specialities.xxxxxx
    It appears you and Elite aren't signing off the same hymn sheet on this matter. I hope these contrasting views don't devalue version 2.0 in any way. That would be a real shame.

I must say all very confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Lincoln were well practised in the art of feigning injuries, so the rest of the team could go and get instructions off the Cowleys
    The key for Lincoln was having their keeper go down so they remained at the full compliment. It also broke up play as sometimes he'd go down just as they'd look like losing possession so the ref would blow and stop momentum.

I'd love a rule change to stop that. The amount of time you are down is the amount of time you have to stay off the pitch. For example, you roll around for 2 minutes, you stay on the sideline for 2 minutes, none of this straight back on. Would certainly weed out the real injuries versus the fake ones

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    The key for Lincoln was having their keeper go down so they remained at the full compliment. It also broke up play as sometimes he'd go down just as they'd look like losing possession so the ref would blow and stop momentum.

I'd love a rule change to stop that. The amount of time you are down is the amount of time you have to stay off the pitch. For example, you roll around for 2 minutes, you stay on the sideline for 2 minutes, none of this straight back on. Would certainly weed out the real injuries versus the fake ones
    Whilst I like the sentiment. It would be unfair for real injuries.

The simple solution is to have an independent time keeper, like they do in other sports. When the ball is in play the clock is on. When it’s not, it’s not. One less thing for the ref’s to worry about. They have a 4th official anyway. It would eliminate significant amounts of time wasting.

Then you have specific “timeouts” which can only be called when the ball is out of play and you are in possession.

Any other time a player approaches the dugout for instruction during a break in play, it’s bookable.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    It appears you and Elite aren't signing off the same hymn sheet on this matter. I hope these contrasting views don't devalue version 2.0 in any way. That would be a real shame.

I must say all very confusing.
    How do you sign off a hymn sheet?

Or treat injuries while play continues, that would weed out the cheaters straight away

The gullibility of lower league referees, in fact referees in general, is bewildering. Some of them ought to be wearing L plates but you can blame the authorities for encouraging stoppages in play when some player just sits down for no apparent reason. If, as you suggest, time could be added on for time wasted, that could work against the innocent team. Besides, it's often done to disrupt an attack or give the suffering team a breather rather than to allow a manager to give fresh instructions.

The only way to stop such antics is to find a way to punish the guilty, perhaps award a free kick where the ball was when the player collapsed? Maybe perhaps just a throw in in line with it? At the ref's discretion of course, but there again we are back to the stupidity or gullibility of that referee.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    At the bottom. You write forever and ever, amen, and then sing your name.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Amen.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast