+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Oxford United

Both teams desperate for 3 points for different reasons.

Stay tuned in, it could be a cracker!

3 points please Lads!

Decent first half from Tedic , I've criticised him previously but happy to give him some credit .

Took his goal really well .

Ist Half
    Again final ball forward has been abysmal.
    Larkeche looking good and providing a great cross into the middle that was saved from Tedic.
    Oxford have got into some good areas and should have at least have scored one goal.

Other than that Barnsley are looking like they have nowt to play for - and what seems the lowest attendance for a few weeks - so the supporters must be thinking there’s not much to play for.

Much the same as Tuesday night imo. Struggling to break these down and a frustrating game but this time we have the elusive goal right on half time. You'd think that Oxford would have to come out and be more expansive in the second half considering they are desperate for a result.

Tedic had a good game. He's held the ball up well, passed it well and looked lively.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Ist Half
    Again final ball forward has been abysmal.
    Larkeche looking good and providing a great cross into the middle that was saved from Tedic.
    Oxford have got into some good areas and should have at least have scored one goal.

Other than that Barnsley are looking like they have nowt to play for - and what seems the lowest attendance for a few weeks - so the supporters must be thinking there’s not much to play for.
    2nd Half
    Not convincing.
    But a wins a win.
    Shows players when they come on late in the game need time to get up to speed - eg Cundy and Watters.

We just arn’t showing enough that convinces me that we will play well in the playoffs.
    Maybe it’s because of the level of the opposition - Barnsley isn’t getting out of 2nd or 3rd gear - but IMO things ain’t clicking like I hoped they would by now.

Job done.
    My main worry is that a pattern is developing over the last few games where the subs have created nothing to change/affect game.
    Cundy for me is not yet fit enough to be involved in my opinion and he needs to make way for someone else on the bench.

Here are the scheduled play-off semi-final dates in the EFL Div One.

Friday, May 12: League One play-off semi A 1st leg 6 v 3 (2000).
    Saturday, May 13: League One play-off semi B 1st leg 5 v 4 (1500).

Saturday, May 20: League One play-off semi A 2nd leg 3 v 6 (1230).
    Saturday, May 20: League One play-off semi B 2nd leg 4 v 5 (1500).

Wembley:
    Monday, May 29: League One play-off final. (3pm).

Fairly routine standard win with a bit of flatness in the stands as results from elsewhere had a certain inevitability about them .

A little weird is this current situation I'm personally finding as we reach game 46 and the real tension and stress begins .

Currently we will face Bolton Wanderers which could change I suppose but there seems to be some inevitability about it .

Be Lucky Michael

I thought it was a scrappy game but one that we thoroughly deserved to win , credit where credit is due & a big well done to Tedic for taking his goals well although he should have scored early in the match from a pin point cross & could have picked his spot , I thought Williams looked a lot better & Isted was excellent , Watters worried me when he came on & was ineffective although Norwood played very well & was unlucky not to notch , however for me Kane was the pick of the bunch , he constantly got us up the pitch & probed their defence all afternoon , anything good came through him but overall it was another day at the office & a well deserved 3 points . I am surprised about a comment about the crowd , there seemed to be plenty there from where I was sat & there was a decent atmosphere all through the game .

A well deserved win by all accounts against a team that were lacking up front to convert decent opportunities and thwarted by two outstanding saves from Isted. Scored at important times just before and just after half time.

The bigger picture is everyone else has won so, in effect, we have gone backwards as the games run out. Both Plymouth and Ipswich need another three points from three games to see off Barnsley.

The big irony remains that a magnificent win for the Reds on Tuesday night against Ipswich could hand automatic promotion to Sheffield Wednesday.

Well we can't finish below fourth and have ensued we have the play off semi final 2nd leg at home .

It's just a question of who we face , or is it ?

One last throw of the dice against Ipswich Town and move to within four points of them , I say four because of Town's significantly better GD .

Still a big ask with only two games remaining after Tuesday night mind .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast