+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- There is a God

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Driven by Cummings, the Tories were set to strip the state down to a bare minimum. Private enterprise was to be deregulated and what state assets still existed after 10 years of austerity were to be steered into the pockets of Tory sympathising directors and so-called entrepreneurs.
    That unelected Rasputin of politics, Dominic Cummings, having seen off the EU was set to create a state that generously rewarded ‘enterprise’ (i.e. the rich) and savaged ‘dossers and work-shies’ (the poor).
    I won't post this image directly to the board because it includes the C-word, will offend a lot of people and I don't think the time is right to antagonise those who may yet re-think their position when this crisis is over (Not necessarily to the point of changing their allegiances, but at least on the value of the welfare state and the NHS).
    For the lefties among us, have a look at this parody. sums up the week perfectly for me.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUHaMmwW...pg&name=medium
    Last edited by upthemaggies; 27-03-2020 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I won't post this image directly to the board because it includes the C-word, will offend a lot of people and I don't think the time is right to antagonise those who may yet re-think their position when this crisis is over (Not necessarily to the point of changing their allegiances, but at least on the value of the welfare state and the NHS).
    For the lefties among us, have a look at this parody. sums up the week perfectly for me.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUHaMmwW...pg&name=medium
    I must admit I found the sight of Boris and his plastic sidekick applauding "our brilliant NHS" outside number 10 particularly nauseating.

To those who think of it as non-political, you must also think that a minutes applause compensates for a decade of criminal underfunding.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I must admit I found the sight of Boris and his plastic sidekick applauding "our brilliant NHS" outside number 10 particularly nauseating.

To those who think of it s non-political, you must also think that a minutes applause compensates for a decade of criminal underfunding.
    I must admit, I fcuking dislike you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

To those who think of it as non-political, you must also think that a minutes applause compensates for a decade of criminal underfunding.
    Jesus wept, these low life losers never stop.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I must admit, I fcuking dislike you.
    I think we're all aware of that. Instead of repeating the obvious, maybe you could tell everyone what peeved you about maddog's post?

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Jesus wept, these low life losers never stop.
    So how would you describe the Tory government's running of the NHS over the last decade?

ps I know I won't get an answer, but I like to show Soccerman up for the simpleton he is.

Clearly social isolation means that Sid isn't getting his usual attention levels, and as a result has to stoop to Sun level of posting to get a point across that at this difficult time for all means nothing. This is not a time for political point scoring you moron.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    This is not a time for political point scoring.
    I tend to agree, but if Labour were in government right now would people be saying the same thing? I'm pretty certain the press would be winding people up and making it that much more difficult to implement the necessary measures. I am actually relieved in many ways that the Tories won.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Clearly social isolation means that Sid isn't getting his usual attention levels, and as a result has to stoop to Sun level of posting to get a point across that at this difficult time for all means nothing. This is not a time for political point scoring you moron.
    You are quite right Queenslandpie, this is definitely not the time for political points scoring. However, when (hopefully) we get through all this, just maybe some people will reconsider their views.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    You are quite right Queenslandpie, this is definitely not the time for political points scoring. However, when (hopefully) we get through all this, just maybe some people will reconsider their views.
    I just find it irksome. Sid is removed from reality. I've lost 95% of my sales in my business in the last 2 weeks ( events related) and had to lay off several staff who I know need the money but I havent got the money to pay them. I have 3 kids to feed and the bills most definately do not stop. I then come on here for a little light relief after most probably one of the worst if not the worst week I have ever had both personally and professionally and see political point scoring posts from people who frankly should know better. The man is so far removed from reality its frightening.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast