+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stay or Go ?

Sadly, as is often the case, fans become one dimensional and look at an increased budget to attract better players.

What we all seem to be forgetting is this: "Oh my God, - at the very least, teams will be forced to play behind closed doors, - which equals absolutely zero income for the club."

Who is going to be expected to keep the club afloat in straightened financial times? - Yes of course the very people that we have pilloried on this site, - and they'll get no thanks for it either, - just like they got no thanks for baling out the club before.

The bank balance would have been very much in the red this season as it is, - but a catastrophic end of season with no income, - yet players needing payment is a nightmare scenario that we the punters need to be aware of and rather than constantly criticising the BOD, - perhaps a humble appreciation of what they are doing for us is required?

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Sadly, as is often the case, fans become one dimensional and look at an increased budget to attract better players.

What we all seem to be forgetting is this: "Oh my God, - at the very least, teams will be forced to play behind closed doors, - which equals absolutely zero income for the club."

Who is going to be expected to keep the club afloat in straightened financial times? - Yes of course the very people that we have pilloried on this site, - and they'll get no thanks for it either, - just like they got no thanks for baling out the club before.

The bank balance would have been very much in the red this season as it is, - but a catastrophic end of season with no income, - yet players needing payment is a nightmare scenario that we the punters need to be aware of and rather than constantly criticising the BOD, - perhaps a humble appreciation of what they are doing for us is required?
    As it is becoming more and more likely that we will be playing behind closed doors or the season is prematurely ended because of this pandemic then we can be thankful for the management of the club by the BoD that we do have cash in reserve as there is no doubt that without external support a fair number of clubs will probably not survive this period.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    As it is becoming more and more likely that we will be playing behind closed doors or the season is prematurely ended because of this pandemic then we can be thankful for the management of the club by the BoD that we do have cash in reserve as there is no doubt that without external support a fair number of clubs will probably not survive this period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo7HB-slsm4

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    Let me guess that you are a Flat Earther?

No he believes that the BOD have money trees growing in their garden.

Flat earther's eventually reach the edge of the precipice and we are getting closer with every passing day.

The dose of realism will hit us all very shortly, and we will experience a complete shut down like Italy in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Therein lies the issue that most of us have with this- it is rumour without any substance. We would all like new investors in the club of that there is no doubt but these people would need extremely deep pockets as there is no money to be made from such a venture and they would be throwing considerable amounts of presumably hard earned cash purely for the love of the club. If these people do exist and have that feeling for Queens then let's hear from them and as for not trusting Hewitson there are annually published accounts for the shareholders as well as the public to examine if they wish and if there is any wrongdoings going on then you are implying that all three members of the boards are implicated which is a potentially libelous allegation.
    I'm certainly not suggesting any wrong doings.
    I just said individuals (allegedly) didn't trust him. Could be a number of reasons for this, could even be complete rumour mill nonsense.

My own opinion is it's time for a change because we are going no where.

Needs a new BOD with fresh ideas. All we are just now is stagnant.

Deek, - although you argue your case very effectively, - your negativity compounds the problems at Palmerston.

As mentioned, QOS FC may not be run perfectly, but neither is Man Utd, Man City and a plethora of other clubs.

What is particularly damaging for Queens is this constant drum of negativity, - which in a relatively small town does not help the club at all.

Rather than constantly knocking the club, - we need to talk it up, and encourage those in charge to take the positive steps.

No-one in their right mind is going to risk further investment, - if everyone is dissing every decision that is made.

The best analogy I can use is standing next to a skip and feeding £10.00 notes into it all day long, - its pointless and completely soul destroying, - so come on guys lighten up, - if only for the sake of the club you allegedly support.
    For investing is throwing money away, we've currently scared roughly 600 fans away. That's over 10k of lost revenue every home game unless my maths is out.
    If that's not a reason to "speculate to accumulate" I don't know what is.

Let me guess that you are a Flat Earther?
    flat earther ?

No he believes that the BOD have money trees growing in their garden.

Flat earther's eventually reach the edge of the precipice and we are getting closer with every passing day.

The dose of realism will hit us all very shortly, and we will experience a complete shut down like Italy in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

when you ganna get it jardi lol ,no i dont believe the bod have money trees growing in there gardens ,i dont believe thay have any financial clout to run a successful football club is my answer ,thay have defo took queens as far as thay can ,hewitson will no doubt take an offer of cash for the club ,but theres no local person wanting or willing to gift hewitson cash hewitson will be there for evermore unless he walks on his own accord no one is going to buy hewitson out ,well no one local anyways .but there is interested local people that are rumoured to invest but wont buy hewitson out to give him cash but prob would be willing to buy shares from the club to get them as long as hewitson isnt there ,thats the rumour going round and its been heard straight from the horses mouth on a local golf course .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 13-03-2020 at 12:43 AM.

I'm going to reiterate this post ad in finitum until the penny drops.

'Sadly, as is often the case, fans become one dimensional and look at an increased budget to attract better players.

The bank balance would have been very much in the red this season as it is, - but a catastrophic end of season with no income, - yet players needing payment is a nightmare scenario that we the punters need to be aware of and rather than constantly criticising the BOD, - perhaps a humble appreciation of what they are doing for us is required?'

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)