+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Millwall Post Match Thoughts

Started off well and were the better team for the first half an hour. They came into the game and started looking a bit more dangerous.

Some of our passing was a bit poor and that includes choices of passes as well. At least it’s given Matt a chance to look at the players.

Atmosphere sounded like a national league north game. I wouldn’t be surprised if we are the quietest fans in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    A point not in the relegation zone whets not to like.

Think some people need a reality check.
    The current reality is that we had 1 shot on goal tonight - the penalty.

No better than Saturday. MT will have seen what he's got now so he can change it. Thought Harding was our best player tonight. Bramall Eaves not good enough. McCart & Kelly have got to be given a chance. Point won tonight Millwall should have won.

I will wait for Ritchie Blackmore sorry I mean Geetarmans report he knows more about football than all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    The current reality is that we had 1 shot on goal tonight - the penalty.
    And the other reality, Washington and Ogbene up front is basically wrong, but having said that no chances were made for them in what amounts to 3 hours of game time.

There was a period under Warne where we played 4-5-1 and we aimlessly lumped the ball forward to Smith, we seem to have gone back to that “style”

But we got a point that might be gold dust at the end of the season.

If I was a travelling Millwall fan I would be going home disappointed

Matt’s got a lot to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I will wait for Ritchie Blackmore sorry I mean Geetarmans report he knows more about football than all of us.
    If you’re expecting an opinion from him you’ve got a long wait on your hands

Was that really a Championship game ? Salvation is that there are other poor teams at this level. Won't take long for Taylor to realise his strike force is non existent but what recruitment support will he get ? He'll certainly be asking questions about who sanctioned 3 year deals for Eaves and Bramall !

Wiles had a better game
    Harding motm, I can’t keep giving it Cuffy hopefully he’s ok

Disappointing that some players didn’t show MT why they should be on pitch, maybe they’re still in shock

Washington and Ogbene isn’t working and I doubt it ever will unless we play on floor, needs changing
    Last edited by millertop; 05-10-2022 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    positives, we got a point and he didn't lose his first game. Wiles was better, our central 3 are decent championship players. Grant hall is a good player and harding always gives 120%. Norton-cuffy is a very talented footballer and a joy to watch in a millers shirt we have a few decent players that aren't getting a game, so perhaps a bit of competition could help (Lindsay, high, mccart)
    negatives, the fans, so quiet don't get behind the team, not helping at all. Bramall, Washington and eaves are a waste of money all for different reasons, MT wants to be having his first meeting with TS and say, i need a striker on 1st january because I have nothing up front, the lack of any quality up front will cost us, we will start to lose more games because there is nothing in the forward line or midfield in terms of goals. If ogbene doesnt score none of the others look like scoring.
    eaves showed how bad he is tonight with his booking, he had the ball he had time, missed controlled it (again) then dove in because he has no pace and got booked, he will need to improve 400% just to be league 1 quality, I hear Warne gave him a 3 year deal, could end up being another Blackstock level of a deal.
    A good point from a very average performance
    Did you go to the match? The fans were singing for much of the first half.

No attacking threat on the bench. Peltier, really? Where is Bola? Eaves was abysmal. Both Washington and Kelly must be shaking their head. Washington always gives 100% but is not being given a full 90 minutes. Bramall very poor, and Norton-Cuffy looked tired. Hopefully some of the forgotten men are given a chance soon.

Seemed like the new manager settled for a point early on, judging by the substitutions. To be fair, we never looked like scoring, or creating a chance, in the second half.

Why we insisted in wellying down the middle into the land of the giants is anyones guess. Eaves didn't really make any impact with that when he came on. He must be a better footballer than he appears so can only assume he's not match fit. Good performances from Norton-Cuffey, Hall, Wood and Victor.

It's a point. Onward and upward.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast