+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why hasn't Jordan Rhodes...

Why hasn't Jordan Rhodes...

been nominated for any awards this season? 22 league goals is a fine effort and didn't he just get his 50th Rovers goal in 89 apps for the club?

All the publicity has been about McCormack and Ings that I have seen.

Edit to add link to Champ top scorers - view external link

re: Why hasn't Jordan Rhodes...

Quote Originally Posted by Quickenthetempo
    been nominated for any awards this season? 22 league goals is a fine effort and didn't he just get his 50th Rovers goal in 89 apps for the club?

All the publicity has been about McCormack and Ings that I have seen.

Edit to add link to Champ top scorers
    s

Ings is a novelty factor, as its his first season where hes done anything. Whereas Rhodes has been consistently scoring goals at this level.
    McCormack plays for Leeds Utd who play on sky every week even though they are crap.

Anyone with two eyes and a brain (yes that includes the managers of this division) can quite clearly see that both Ings and McCormack are better footballers than Rhodes.

Now if there was an award for 'most natural goalscorer' then I'm sure if his wasn't mentioned folk would have something to be upset about.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan_van_nel
    Anyone with two eyes and a brain (yes that includes the managers of this division) can quite clearly see that both Ings and McCormack are better footballers than Rhodes.

Now if there was an award for 'most natural goalscorer' then I'm sure if his wasn't mentioned folk would have something to be upset about.

Yeah to be fair he is rubbish. Anyone who scores 25 - 30 goals every season usually is.
    In a pretty average side aswell.

to be fair, in his first season when he has done anything, Ings looks okay. I've seen many, many, many strikers who had one good season.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95

Yeah to be fair he is rubbish.

What a strange thing to say about your top goalscorer and one of the major reasons you aren't playing League 1 football this season.

Anyway I was wondering, has Rhodes to your knowledge ever played at right midfield, left midfield, as a winger or as an attacking midfielder like McCormack and Ings have between them?

I'm with Stan here. I would say that Rhodes is the most natural finisher in the division. But there has been a lot lacking for overall football. On Wed he showed for the 1st time I've seen, decent play from the sides. The opposition often force him out wide to try and neutralise him and he's handling it much better recently. But I can't think of another position he could play competently, other then striker.

Still, I do like having him at Rovers!!!

Yep anyone whos watched Rhodes week in week out know his failings instantly ..but ..he does know where that net is ..

As an all round footballer he aint got it and more importantly he doesnt have the pace ..hence no one from the Prem has taken a chance on him ..yet ..

As his manager GB should know better than anyone what Rhodes does best and how to build a team around him to exploit those things ...but does he really know ??..

I dont think he has enough pace about him. Certainly not to make a step up to a big club in the Prem. But he is a natural goal scorer.

As good as Ings or McCormack are in left wing positioms, or attacking midfield, their best position, where they play, is striker. Where have they had the greater effect? Left wing, attacking mid, or striker? My bets the latter.

Alan Shearer could cross a ball better than anyone. He wouldve made a very good winger. He was a much better striker, so he played there. He was an out & out goalscorer too. So was Jimmy Greaves. Cloughie was too. Im sure all could do a job out left too, but you play where you have most effect.
    Whats his goals assist this season out of interest? In proportion to our goals scored? Isnt he one of the highest to assist goals too?
    The ones I saw, in particular came exactly from the left wing position vrs Derby at Home? And an attacting midfield position vrs Leeds away, both times setting up Gestede?

Thats 2 off the top of m

Because Mr Rhodes is nowhere near as good as the mighty ings simples !!!!!!!!!

JR's obvious attributes are in direct contrast to his weakness's.
    He's a out an out goal poacher, but does try hard to contribute more. But I fear it is just not coming, nor do I think ever will do.
    Having said that his impressive goal tally's are enough to maintain him as a valuable asset, not at 8ml mind, and the game plan has to built around him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)