+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 52 points...

52 points...

That is RB's target

POMPEY have been set a 52-point target for survival by manager Richie Barker.

That is the figure he believes can see the Blues emerge from a highly-congested relegation battle to remain in League Two.

To achieve that, 13 points are required from their final 13 matches of the campaign.

In Barkers past 13 games in charge, Pompey have reaped 17 points yet remain in danger of dropping into non-league football.

And such is the nature of League Two this season, the Blues boss thinks at least 14 clubs are fighting the threat of relegation.

Pompey currently sit in 18th spot seven points clear of the relegation zone and 11 short of the play-offs.

It promises to be a tense season finale for more than half the divisions clubs and Barker has his sights on the magical 52-point mark.

He said: you had asked me two weeks ago I would have said 50 points would be enough. I dont know if thats going to be the case now.

I think somebody will get dragged into it who you dont

re: 52 points...

Quote Originally Posted by lovedeanblue
    At the minute we are pretty much win one, draw one, lose one, thats the way we are.
    Draw tomorrow then? I'll be happy with that.

But we are not playing until Monday night.

Fuddammit! I've already left for the match.

Posted from my Nokia E50 mobile phone.

Quote Originally Posted by pompeyx
    But we are not playing until Monday night.
    Got my TV all tuned for Monday too But Yes I'd take a point now. There will be twists and turns this afternoon elsewhere no doubt ?

Reckon we can be satisfied with the results today. Now if we could get a point Monday evening ...

I took grandsons x 3 to see Cobblers v Bristol Rovers today (Don't ask - it was a complicated 'trade off' related to getting my son to agree to drive us back from Chesterfield on Monday)
    The game was really poor, and (without tempting fate too much) some of the required 52 points ought to be obtained when we play these teams - atmosphere was also funereal.

looking at that table is quite unbelievable to be honest,pompey's had a poor season,but could end up 9th or relegated,it was only a few weeks ago a Morecambe fan up here said to me,you lot could go down again,which is quite true,but I think he will be more than a bit nervous about them staying up now,no win in ten and falling rapidly,been in top half all season,3pts tomorrow would be very nice indeed,play up pompey

Will we acheive this magical 52 points..yes or no ?

Ten points off the playoffs and I am looking up not down!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)