+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 59 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window / Transfers - 2021/22 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    If PW isn’t playing Freddie then we’ve already lost him

Having said that I expect Ladapo to start on Tuesday night
    Paul Warne has said Ladapo may start Tuesday night, it would seem Warne's own ego stopped
    him fetching Ladapo on at Fleetwood, instead plumping for Kayode.

£30,000 for shinnie is an absolute steal!
    Accepting offers like that for derby's prized assets and the EFL may get their wish and see them fold before the season ends.
    They have some decent players and the bar has now been set for other clubs to go in with ridiculously low offers which judging by this transfer the administrator will accept.
    Tom Lawrence anyone?

Leigh Griffith's loan deal at Dundee looks to have ended & current Celtic manager has told him to look elsewhere.
    Would anyone mind if elsewhere was RUFC even if it was just until the end of the season? Didn't Steve Evans once try to sign him for us a few years back? His goalscoring record certainly isn't in question and could be just what we need to start converting some of those missed chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Jermain Defoe leaves Rangers, at 39 years old could he do a job for a division one
    side,
    Sunderland said to be interested in Jermain Defoe, certainly knows where the onion bag is,
    Defoe would be a better asset to Sunderland, instead of fetching Grigg back.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Good player this lad...

S****horpe United have signed defender Luke Matheson on loan from Premier League side Wolverhampton Wanderers for the rest of the season.

The 19-year-old right-back is the second loan signing the Iron have made in January following striker Sam Burns.

Matheson joined Wolves from Rochdale for £1m in January 2020 but has yet to play for the first team.

Yes the type to keep an eye over next few years for us as he moves on up the loan ladder.certainly starting at a low base but I think he will have been under greengrass before when he was manager at Rochdale which is why he might have gone there.

Portsmouth - Want to off load 29 year old striker John Marquis, with the player given permission to seal
    a deal elsewhere.
    The player a top earner at the club, is out of contract in the summer 2022, & been told a new contract will
    not be offered to him.
    Portsmouth may find that the player may only go out on loan, so may find paying part of his salary, but
    the club want to sell him, so the money saved on his salary would go towards buying players.
    Division Two side Mansfeld Town said to be interested, but reported a division one side is going to be the
    players destination.
    [Lincoln City signed 2 players this transfer window, said to be in for a third signing tomorrow, could it be Marquis].

Portsmouth - Want to off load 29 year old striker John Marquis, with the player given permission to seal
    a deal elsewhere.
    The player a top earner at the club, is out of contract in the summer 2022, & been told a new contract will
    not be offered to him.
    Portsmouth may find that the player may only go out on loan, so may find paying part of his salary, but
    the club want to sell him, so the money saved on his salary would go towards buying players.
    Division Two side Mansfeld Town said to be interested, but reported a division one side is going to be the
    players destination.
    [Lincoln City signed 2 players this transfer window, said to be in for a third signing tomorrow, could it be Marquis].
    I would have him at NYS he knows the area and he is a grafter good cover if smith gets injured suits our style as well, I know I won't be popular with that but it is just an opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I would have him at NYS he knows the area and he is a grafter good cover if smith gets injured suits our style as well, I know I won't be popular with that but it is just an opinion
    If Derby are having a fire sale, how about Kazim-Richards? No idea what he's on or what his attitude is like or if other clubs would trump us. I suppose that's the dilemma PW and all other clubs in our situation face when looking for a tried and tested goal scorer, with the added spectre of not wanting another DB on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Every ones allowed a opinion Derbymiller, but get thi tin hat ready.

Every ones allowed a opinion Derbymiller, but get thi tin hat ready.
    TS could suddenly find a spare 300M in his back pocket, sign Kane and Son and there would still be moaning on here (especially if season ticket prices went up by a fiver )

Page 23 of 59 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast