+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts County Squad 2020-21

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Ardley threw a squad together 2 days before the start of the season and got to the playoff final whilst also having to cope with some horrible personal issues if I read his interview with Leigh Curtis correctly. He also very nearly kept us up with a club in financial turmoil, a chairman who decided to get his chap out on twitter and a divided squad where some players were apparently trying to cause trouble. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do with very supportive ownership now settled in with a couple of months to get the squad sorted.
    If you support him thats fine. I don't. Like you say, this season will be telling.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Flitcroft was in charge for the whole season though, right? Had a full preseason and big budget to spend and still couldn’t get promotion after a woeful end to the season whilst also losing to one of the worst Notts teams in living memory. A Notts team ravaged by backroom mismanagement, upheaval and disarray from the start of the season.

Neal Ardley will be judged on this season, he has earned his right for another year. The years of bed wetting calls for change every six months as displayed numerous times by yourself and the softly spoken irishpete are hopefully we’ll behind us.
    Think you wet your bed every night

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    If you support him thats fine. I don't. Like you say, this season will be telling.
    Then you're going to be sadly disappointed if you want him sacked. Read (or should that be Reedtz...) Up on our owners. One did a dissertation that concluded sacking a manager is not going to improve short or long term performance and can actually have a detrimental impact... Probably how they came to hear of us

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Yeah, why bother with Flitcoft when we've already got someone capable of doing that?
    Exactly. That's just change for change sake and we wouldn't want that now would we? Costs a significant amount of money after all.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Nobody takes you seriously anyway lol
    So I changed my mind through the season? lol
    Ardley had the biggest budget in the NL. A team made up of ex league players
    Flitcroft, had them playing as a unit. did you see them play at all?
    How many times did I praise the performances last season? You should know, bet i can count on one hand
    We know you have pictures of Ardley on your bedroom wall & your pillow. told you,if that floats your boat so be it lol
    I only saw the Stags when they played us, why would I go to watch them for any other game? How many times you watch them?

If they were playing as a unit, it clearly didn't work. He inherited a expensively assembled squad/side that was looking likely for Top 3 before he came in and hardly won a game that season.

Rightly given another season to prove the Stags fans wrong, he didn't and Mr Radford informed him his services were no longer needed.

Some unit that. What's the real reason you want Flitcroft, I'm intrigued.

You probably only praised a few perfomances because you were negatively biased all season, as you openly said.

Watched them a few times.
    No real reason. he was an name that was out of work, knows the lower league, think he saved Barnsley in the Championship/Div 1 one time, not so good at Bury, did decent job at the Stags, owners were like Hardy wanted instant success. his replacement did a great job, sacked shortly into the new season.
    So, I didn't chop N change my mind all season like you said then LOL

No you indeed you didn't , more of a rollercoaster fan going from OTT doom and gloom to we can catch Barrow all within about a month.

On further examination instead you criticise the manager when the side lose. Yet when they win handsomely, you give no credit to the manager. Sounds fair to me lol.

Talking of laugh out loud comments, you've just compared John Radford to Alan Hardy! Now that is LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Exactly. That's just change for change sake and we wouldn't want that now would we? Costs a significant amount of money after all.
    True, given the cost involved there seems no point at all in changing one poor manager for another.

Apart from the cost issue however, I'm struggling to see the logic behind sticking with a poor manager. Maybe you can help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    No you indeed you didn't , more of a rollercoaster fan going from OTT doom and gloom to we can catch Barrow all within about a month.

On further examination instead you criticise the manager when the side lose. Yet when they win handsomely, you give no credit to the manager. Sounds fair to me lol.

Talking of laugh out loud comments, you've just compared John Radford to Alan Hardy! Now that is LOL.
    Doesn't matter who was the richest, its about what they wanted lol

Win handsomely? how many times was that? What team was we playing? Let me think Grimsby, Exeter? lol

Your so far up Ardleys @arse its unbelievable, Jeff LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Then you're going to be sadly disappointed if you want him sacked. Read (or should that be Reedtz...) Up on our owners. One did a dissertation that concluded sacking a manager is not going to improve short or long term performance and can actually have a detrimental impact... Probably how they came to hear of us
    That must indicate that a manager has little influence on a team's performance at any time, and a that a long contract ought to be given as it must be the players fault. There lie the problems. Should ANY manager be allowed a lengthy spell? How long before it's obvious you've caught a crab and you should shove him overboard? If the manager isn't achieving even moderate success is it his incompetence or are the players, presumably brought in by this manager, not up to scratch? If the manager is bringing in supposedly better players and still no coconut - what then?

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast