+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A message from Burch

Another message from Burch:

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The bit I pick out from his message is "We have eight cup finals and we need to put everything out on the pitch". I'm sure a couple of games ago he said something along the lines of "We have ten cup finals and we need to put everything out on the pitch".

We still have a smallish chance of salvaging the season, so let that message become actions rather than words.
    I wish he would look the interviewer in the eye when making these statements, as opposed to looking elsewhere...

What jumped out at me from the article was this: "asked what his message would be to the supporters, Burchnall said: 'I imagine they are extremely disappointed.'" Imagine? Has he not taken the trouble to find out what the fans are thinking?
    I understand that managers (or head coaches) have to get on with their job regardless, but this type of disconnect between a manager and the club's fans does not usually bode well for his longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The bit I pick out from his message is "We have eight cup finals and we need to put everything out on the pitch". I'm sure a couple of games ago he said something along the lines of "We have ten cup finals and we need to put everything out on the pitch".

We still have a smallish chance of salvaging the season, so let that message become actions rather than words.
    In a couple of weeks it will be "Whilst ever there is a mathematical chance of play-offs we will remain positive and believe".

Just a couple of months ago top spot was actually totally within our own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Thanks for that, I didn’t know how to use the link and was really struggling.
    I can't fathom why posters copy & paste from N.P. and they add a link so you can go and read it again. Pointless

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    I can't fathom why posters copy & paste from N.P. and they add a link so you can go and read it again. Pointless
    I don't mind it at all. I think it's to verify the sauce, and it saves me a click.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Yep

Ardley's last 8 - W2 D4 L 2 F10 A9 GD+1 Pts10 PPG 1.25

Byrchnall's first 8 - W2 D1 L5 F8 A12 GD -4 Pts7 PPG 0.88

Ardley's 8 were 4 home and 4 away, Burchnall's had 3 home and 5 away. I'd say Burchnall has had marginally more difficult fixtures as well, so it's debatable whether or not he's made us worse, but you can't say he's improved us.

Performances mean nothing at this stage of the season. If you're looking to consolidate or you're happy in the division you're in, then the entertainment value takes on a significant meaning, but Notts in tier 5 has to be about getting out of this league, I fear we'll end up being that club in the National League that impresses opposing managers and supporters with our attractive football and they wish us well for the rest of the season after they've thanked us for the 3 points.
    Those two wins under Neal Ardley were beating Yeovil 2-0 at home and scraping a 1-0 win away at Wealdstone after the players meeting. The same Wealdstone team that were a few games later cannon fodder for Hartlepool who beat them 7-2 and Maidenhead who beat them 6-0.

The 2-2 draw at Boreham Wood and Yeovil were come backs from 2-0 down. So on this basis we have been marginally worse in IB’s first 8 games compared to NA last 8 games as without those two comebacks there is just one point in it. This emphasised what some of us were talking about on here at the time that we were playing poorly having little or no creativity but picking up points from moments of individual quality. All this was backed up by ncfcogs stats and analysis of the games around that time that showed it was not sustainable.

Let’s face it the reality is that our form in the last 16 games basically since Dagenham has been poor and that’s regardless of who has been manager. I don’t think we would have been much better had NA carried on. Maybe two or three points. I think the two games a week has done us.

However all is not lost we still have eight games and time to get back into the playoffs and the signs were promising in the Torquay game for 70min and Eastleigh first half prior to them scoring that hopefully results will improve soon.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 29-04-2021 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Those two wins under Neal Ardley were beating Yeovil 2-0 at home and scraping a 1-0 win away at Wealdstone after the players meeting. The same Wealdstone team that were a few games later cannon fodder for Hartlepool who beat them 7-2 and Maidenhead who beat them 6-0.

The 2-2 draw at Boreham Wood and Yeovil were come backs from 2-0 down. So on this basis we have been marginally worse in IB’s first 8 games compared to NA last 8 games as without those two comebacks there is just one point in it. This emphasised what some of us were talking about on here at the time that we were playing poorly having little or no creativity but picking up points from moments of individual quality. All this was backed up by ncfcogs stats and analysis of the games around that time that showed it was not sustainable.

Let’s face it the reality is that our form in the last 16 games basically since Dagenham has been poor and that’s regardless of who has been manager. I don’t think we would have been much better had NA carried on. Maybe two or three points. I think the two games a week has done us.

However all is not lost we still have eight games and time to get back into the playoffs and the signs are promising in the Torquay game and Eastleigh first half that hopefully results will improve soon.
    We might have scraped points from being 2 goals down, but we did it. It can't simply be written off because we were 'lucky'. Those 'maybe' 2 or 3 points could be the difference between play-offs or not.

I am behind IB totally now but balance and fairness is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    We might have scraped points from being 2 goals down, but we did it. It can't simply be written off because we were 'lucky'. Those 'maybe' 2 or 3 points could be the difference between play-offs or not.

I am behind IB totally now but balance and fairness is needed.
    I'm waiting for him to walk the wLK, the rest is soundbites.

Ardley's last 8 - W2 D4 L 2 F10 A9 GD+1 Pts10 PPG 1.25

Byrchnall's first 8 - W2 D1 L5 F8 A12 GD -4 Pts7 PPG 0.88

Neither are good enough. I don't run a football analytics company, but.

One manager has lost five, got a negative goal difference and PPG less than 1.

When I read on another post how covid, reportedly decimated the squad early season, I think Neal Ardley must have done a remarkable job.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast