+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bookies!

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    They tried that in America in the 20s. Didn't solve anything and created a lot more problems.
    I'd imagine scotland with only two relatively big cities would be a lot easier to police than the US and it's wild west society.

Besides just because it failed elsewhere a century ago doesn't mean we shouldn't try something to put our people on the path to recovery and a better life.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    I'd imagine scotland with only two relatively big cities would be a lot easier to police than the US and it's wild west society.

Besides just because it failed elsewhere a century ago doesn't mean we shouldn't try something to put our people on the path to recovery and a better life.
    Ok I’ll bite. You won’t solve any of a societies problems by introducing prohibitions whether that be on alcohol or drugs or whatever your substance of choice is. Alcohol may be a problem in Scotland but it’s not the root of the problems that affect society. Look a little deeper if you want to try and help our country. Anyway I’m away for a pint 😂😂🍺🍺🍺

Quote Originally Posted by eastnuekdon View Post
    Ok I’ll bite. You won’t solve any of a societies problems by introducing prohibitions whether that be on alcohol or drugs or whatever your substance of choice is. Alcohol may be a problem in Scotland but it’s not the root of the problems that affect society. Look a little deeper if you want to try and help our country. Anyway I’m away for a pint ����������
    Ok I'll bite.

Tell that to the folk dying of alcohol related illnesses. Tell it to the kids suffering due to parents who have problems with drink. Tell it to the women being abused by partners who can't handle their ale. Tell it to the people living in estates that are like third world countries due to the affect alcohol has on their community. Tell it to the victims of crime committed either directly or indirectly due to alcohol consumption or dependency.

It wouldn't solve all the countries problems but it would go some way to solving those I've just mentioned and the others I've not bothered to list.

Still as long as you can enjoy a pint and forget about all those that suffer due to booze it's fine eh.

Still as long as you can enjoy a pint and forget about all those that suffer due to booze it's fine eh.
    So what else have you done to help solve this issue? Apart from clogging up a thread about bookies on a football forum of course.

Ok I'll bite.

Tell that to the folk dying of alcohol related illnesses. Tell it to the kids suffering due to parents who have problems with drink. Tell it to the women being abused by partners who can't handle their ale. Tell it to the people living in estates that are like third world countries due to the affect alcohol has on their community. Tell it to the victims of crime committed either directly or indirectly due to alcohol consumption or dependency.

It wouldn't solve all the countries problems but it would go some way to solving those I've just mentioned and the others I've not bothered to list.

Wow did you read any single word of the post i wrote. Go and have another shot. Everything you just wrote is a consequence of the society we live in not alcohol. if you banned alcohol it would be whatever narcotic the person could get their hands on because they need to escape from the **** life they have. You sound like every sad politician who says we're going to have a war on drugs without scraping the surface to examine what it is driving the person to take drugs in the first place.
    And i'm not away to have a pint I was being flippant. I don't drink through the week because i need to drive to work in the morning. Who are you though to say that on a Saturday night I can't it and watch TV with a few nice craft beers because they are ruining the world. It's all about choice.

This country would be better off if drink was banned. I don't know why the Scots in particular have such a problem with controlling their intake but surely the best way to tackle the out of control problem with alcoholism is to remove alcohol from the shelves.
    Great idea JJ ...

Why stop at alcohol and drugs? Inspired by your impeccable logic, why don't we tackle the pain, hardship and heartache of ****age/unwanted pregnancies, STDs, prostitution, *** trafficking, rape and ***ual abuse by demanding that all males over the age of 10 have their cocks surgically removed or face life imprisonment?

Yep, that would sort it out.

He's rocket scientist, isn't he? Or goalposter? Jim fitiver? I lose track.

Fair enough I realise not everybody has a moral compass built as solidly as mine but I certainly won't apologise for having a social conscience.

You lot that don't care about others in society are perfectly entitled to carry on with your hun mindsets if you so choose 👍

So there isn't a massive problem with alcohol in scotland?

Or is it just that you don't care about other folks plight as long as you can have a drink to help blot out the misery of your own existence.

That's a large part of why society is in the mess it is today. Nobody gives a **** about others. It's all about self. I blame Thatcher. That's where it all started or at least when it started to get a lot worse.
    Deary me I've heard some pish in my time.....

So there isn't a massive problem with alcohol in scotland?

Or is it just that you don't care about other folks plight as long as you can have a drink to help blot out the misery of your own existence.

That's a large part of why society is in the mess it is today. Nobody gives a **** about others. It's all about self. I blame Thatcher. That's where it all started or at least when it started to get a lot worse.
    I won't hear a bad word said about thatchers ....a pint of that on a summers day is ace min

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast