+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Messageboard implosion?

Messageboard implosion?

I've not been on here much this season, and not at all for what feels like months, but I was surprised to see so little activity here. The first two pages covering a fortnight? It used to be that two pages wouldn't even cover a day of posts.

Which of the following has it been due to:
    - the slow decline being presided over by the incumbent incompetents
    - the poor performances by players
    - the bigots, trolls, and fools
    - other
    - all of the above

Anyway, I hope that you all are well.

re: Messageboard implosion?

Hi Dave

A combination of all of the above along with Footymad changing servers and making it too hard/impossible for some boarders to log on...

Not quite sure to whom you are referring to as incumbents and incompetents,the directors of our club, or the controllers of this board, however as the fat lady sings, stats don't lie and last week this board attracted 102 posts as opposed to the new alternative board which recorded 767 posts.
    Draw your own conclusions but I, and. I am sure . many others simply can't be bothered with the aggro and insults which several dickheads on this board seem able to use with impunity.
    Prefer not to get involved with those who throw insults like cretins and retards around with apparent freedom from sanctions.
    In saying this I actually prefer this board, and would be disappointed if the vitriol supplied by the minority proved to be terminal.

bigots,trolls and fools are a manifestation of the incompetent incumbents at BP.

The numbers of posts are no indication of supporter interest in CUFC since a significant proportion of posts digress from the topic. Like this:-

Quote Moyes "I don't know what we have to do to win" a brave admission from the cause of the scum's downfall. Let his tenancy continue.

That 2 week spell when FM were doing some server changes was a total disaster for this board. Access at the time was extremely slow or no access at all.
    Then a new board became available when no one at FM seemed to give a toss about the situation and now its like most of the other clubs FM messageboards - dead.

losing access because they don't recognise your account... it must be Abbott's new sideline...

Where is this new alternative more popular message board at?
    Thanks in advance.

Here... - view external link

Or if you want something slightly easier to remember:
    www.thecumbrians.net - view external link

I'd put it down to, in no particular order:
    -Tashy being feckless/ignorant/lazy/displaying favouritism to certain members and generally being crap at his job
    -A large minority of posters that are racist/bigoted/insulting and wouldn't say in person what they say while hiding behind their keyboards (nevermore, knackerrash, etc)
    -The new board having really good admins/moderators
    -the new board being much better to use on mobile phones

And generally better crack

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)