+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Portsmouth Post Match Thoughts

I don't associate taking the knee with BLM, it has been explained enough times by people that take the knee now why they're doing it and anyone that insists on associating it with BLM make me very suspicious of their actual motives for doing so.

No one around me does boo. I commented on the fact that I heard no booing at all at the time, so Avondale’s revelation was news to me. So as someone who appears to have some sympathy with the view, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I don’t boo, I don’t ask them that do I’d they’re booing the players or what it’s stands for DO YOU?
    I have never accused you of booing, I was referencing the person that was reported (rightly so imo) by Warney for doing it. I don't need to ask what it stands for as I have been told numerous times by enough people. The people that boo tend to think they are booing BLM when they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That's over analysing it.

Basically the knee taking developed quickly into a sheep like activity. When the real background to it was revealed it had become too late to back out of doing it.

The whole gesture is now looking jaded to the point of hilarity.
    Not at all, it was quite brief. Failing to recognise why the players do it doesn’t making booing valid. If anything it makes it dafter

Quote Originally Posted by Pringlesleftpeg View Post
    I have never accused you of booing, I was referencing the person that was reported (rightly so imo) by Warney for doing it. I don't need to ask what it stands for as I have been told numerous times by enough people. The people that boo tend to think they are booing BLM when they aren't.
    I’m saying I don’t know if they boo the players or if they boo for what it stands for.

Ask them, let them explain then have your say, if you think they need removing then fair enough but imo you just can’t remove anyone for booing.

Why was the one person spoken to and not others?
    Last edited by millertop; 18-10-2021 at 04:11 PM.

No, I agree you can’t kick someone out of the ground for booing. That is going too far. I just seems to me (without the benefit of direct input) that those booing are completely ignoring why the players take the knee (giving them the benefit of the doubt) and booing what THEY have decided it stands for.

What's happening with the septics camiller? Are they still taking the knees? Are any of the fans booing?

It’s about time the club took another look at this. Obviously Warne and Co seemed offended at the carry on and reported it.

Is it our black players who insist that we take the knee or is it our Management that want to show a club supporting the cause thus making them do it? Be interesting to know.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    What's happening with the septics camiller? Are they still taking the knees? Are any of the fans booing?
    I've completely lost track of what's happening in the NFL where it all started well before the George Floyd incident. I think MLS still does it but I haven't paid particular attention to it so maybe not? I'm sure anyone booing would just be shot

EFL should step in end taking the knee. One life lost to extremists is one life too many.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast