+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A Few Days in Lancashire

A Few Days in Lancashire

Stayed at the Foxfields from Monday until Friday.

Visited the Club shop but the new shirts not in yet,trip to Boundary Mill as well to buy a few things.

Meals in the Assheton Arms,Shireburne and the Spread Eagle in Sawley.

Trips to Dunsop Bridge and Whitewell and all in lovely weather.

Got to book the train next week for our meeting,what is the name of the venue?

What was the Assheton Arms like Barrie, we haven't been since the new owners re-opened it and there's been one or two bad reviews. If you recommend it that'll do for me and we'll pay it a visit soon.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Stayed at the Foxfields from Monday until Friday.

Visited the Club shop but the new shirts not in yet,trip to Boundary Mill as well to buy a few things.

Meals in the Assheton Arms,Shireburne and the Spread Eagle in Sawley.

Trips to Dunsop Bridge and Whitewell and all in lovely weather.

Got to book the train next week for our meeting,what is the name of the venue?
    Checked the old threads and we don't seem to have chosen a venue Barrie so I've bumped the original meet thread to ask for suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Checked the old threads and we don't seem to have chosen a venue Barrie so I've bumped the original meet thread to ask for suggestions.
    May I suggest the Printworks? It's a 5/10 minute walk from either Victoria or Piccadilly railway stations and has about 7 pubs/eateries inside the building to choose from. O'Neill's is a great place to start and we could all go there to meet-up, after that the world's your oyster.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    What was the Assheton Arms like Barrie, we haven't been since the new owners re-opened it and there's been one or two bad reviews. If you recommend it that'll do for me and we'll pay it a visit soon.
    As far as both myself and my wife were concerned we had no complaints at all.I also just love Downham.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    As far as both myself and my wife were concerned we had no complaints at all.I also just love Downham.
    I know what you mean Barrie, stand outside the pub and you'll not see many better views than that, when it's not raining of course.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    May I suggest the Printworks? It's a 5/10 minute walk from either Victoria or Piccadilly railway stations and has about 7 pubs/eateries inside the building to choose from. O'Neill's is a great place to start and we could all go there to meet-up, after that the world's your oyster.
    Is the oyster bar still the cheapest pub in the city centre?

Quote Originally Posted by Positive pete View Post
    Is the oyster bar still the cheapest pub in the city centre?
    Don't know P_p but there is a Wetherspoons inside the Printworks and last time I was in there the beer was as cheap as chips.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Don't know P_p but there is a Wetherspoons inside the Printworks and last time I was in there the beer was as cheap as chips.
    Cheap compared to other Manc bars but not other Wetherspoons. Ruddles County does it for me, a good session ale.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)