+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Roberts signs

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Sorry everyone but I'm not going to take that from WTF anymore !

Anyone who differs from his opinions offering a different perspective is shouted down,bullied or accused of trying to belittle him.

None of which I have done - this thread and others have become toxic by him when I've given genuine thought,knowledge into posts & threads.

I don't sit or attend Leeds games with idiots and quite honestly I'm not even sure that WTF understands how present Leeds supporters actually feel about the team particularly in Leeds.

Give Youth a chance WTF to express & share their feelings otherwise this Forums a dead duck - plenty of readers yet NO posters as we're all afraid to say "It's been a bloody fantastic season" end of.

Patronising am I ?
    You've got a problem mate.
    You're "not going to take that from WTF any more". Take what exactly? Telling you some home truths that others choose to remain silent on, respecting the never-ending references to your mental health issues (for which I genuinely have the greatest sympathy, just a tad bored with their constant repetition when you know nothing (and I suspect care less) of the troubles that others who contribute here may or may not have).

I haven't "shouted you down", simply suggested you walk a mile in other folks shoes and presume less that your own experience is superior to others, as was so often the case with posts from your mum.

You suggest you are the only one who has contributed "genuine thiught, knowledge..." and yet you get all bent out of shape when it's suggested you are patronising, look in the mirror.

As for supporters of LUFC, I know well enough how those here in the UK who wish to attend ER feel, of all ages, creeds, colours, ***ual persuasions etc, maybe if you and your family weren't exiles from these shores you might see things differently, as those you and your mother see as "less fortunate" have to.

Strange (or ironic, maybe), you should refer to the thread and numbers of contributors. Have a look at the post count, compare it to any other over the last fortnight, you might learn something (then again, maybe not)

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Was just thinking that myself.

I'm always more than happy to have things explained and I've no real Scooby Doo when it comes to the financial and/or contractual side of football.

(Some might say I know about the same about the playing side).

(I'll probably ban them if they say that though).

It's not very civil in here, but as long as we stay the right side of the line?
    Contractual arrangements aren't so different in the footballing world from that of "normal" business. In that I'd agree with some of what Totty had to say.

In all else, we probably won't ever see eye to eye, I'll live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Back to the thread title. I believe Roberts will stand a better chance of offering something, more so than Costa.
    However, I fear, the matchday threads will still end with, Roberts and Costa are both shyte.
    I suspect you are correct (wrt matchday threads). We can only hope they don't get a start, hmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    You're "not going to take that from WTF any more". Take what exactly? Telling you some home truths that others choose to remain silent on, respecting the never-ending references to your mental health issues (for which I genuinely have the greatest sympathy, just a tad bored with their constant repetition when you know nothing (and I suspect care less) of the troubles that others who contribute here may or may not have).

I haven't "shouted you down", simply suggested you walk a mile in other folks shoes and presume less that your own experience is superior to others, as was so often the case with posts from your mum.

You suggest you are the only one who has contributed "genuine thiught, knowledge..." and yet you get all bent out of shape when it's suggested you are patronising, look in the mirror.

As for supporters of LUFC, I know well enough how those here in the UK who wish to attend ER feel, of all ages, creeds, colours, ***ual persuasions etc, maybe if you and your family weren't exiles from these shores you might see things differently, as those you and your mother see as "less fortunate" have to.

Strange (or ironic, maybe), you should refer to the thread and numbers of contributors. Have a look at the post count, compare it to any other over the last fortnight, you might learn something (then again, maybe not)
    Apart of course from that other masterpiece thread regarding Orta. Put the two together and nothing comes close! 😉

Joel, if we had extended the contract of a promising 22-year old I'd be delighted. As it is we have extended the contract of a 22-year old STRIKER who appeared 27 times for us in 20/21 and scored once and in total has appeared 78 times for Leeds and scored 8 times and in his whole career has appeared 137 times in all competitions and scored 19 times.

Those stats are NOT those of a "promising 22-year old". You say negativity, and that we (those with the nerve to sound notes of criticism), are "pathetic" because we don't simply "go with the flow" shut the f00k up and act like sheep. On what basis (evidence, stats such as those I have used, easy to get at, (if they exist of course, and aren't just wishful thinking)), do you conclude that Roberts "will be a good squad player" and that he can "play two different positions"?

If you care to argue a point, do so, that's what a forum is supposed to be about, differing opinions. What you and others seem to want is a mutual back-slapping club where we all look at the world through rose-coloured glasses and no criticism of any club action is permitted.

The coming season will make the last one look easy. Teams know us now, and won't be as easily overwhelmed. We don't have the luxury of carrying passengers, and both Costa and Roberts were just that last season, their joint contributions were negligible, particularly in the case of Roberts. There were many posts in match-day threads throughout the season that referred to both Roberts and Costa as not providing anywhere near the performances of the rest of the squad. In our first season back in the PL, is that the reaction (of the two players) you would expect, and why should we expect anything better next season (because Bielsa thinks so, he ISN'T God and can make mistakes)?

He wasn't playing as a striker he was in midfield, so this is *******s from the first sentence.

We all knew, but I guess we all hoped for some kind of miracle, seems that ain't happening.
    Seems you and the idiot from Oz agree on somethings then?

I know these forums are all about "Opinions" and that yours is as valid as anyone elses, but you where spouting similar crap last season... about all the rubbish foreigners we where signing like Llorrente, Rodrigo, Koch, johnny come lately last minute panic buy Raphina .... and as usual you got it wrong, I remember you saying how with the lack of ambition shown by Leeds that we where in for a season long relegation battle blah blah blah.. That turned out to be a decent opinion didn't it? Tyler Roberts hasn't been given a new contract by Orta despite not being wanted by Bielsa you think??

There is a long way to go before we know who will be added this window, and given how well we did in our first season back despite only signing rubbish - I will live with the crop of rubbish that we sign up over the next few weeks and still expect us to over achieve again next season - just MY opinion you understand?

I may be completely wrong, but I think Roberts has definitely matured in his game and revised role, usually puts a decent shift in and is an important cog in the way Bielsa chooses to approach football.

Hopefully he'll crack on and we'll have forgotten about all this naysaying later on.

I guess we always seem to want to have a fall guy in the team, even where none really exists?

It's one of the less attractive "Leedsy" attitudes.

I seem to recall Bamford was the fall guy last season, look what he achieved this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Seems you and the idiot from Oz agree on somethings then?

I know these forums are all about "Opinions" and that yours is as valid as anyone elses, but you where spouting similar crap last season... about all the rubbish foreigners we where signing like Llorrente, Rodrigo, Koch, johnny come lately last minute panic buy Raphina .... and as usual you got it wrong, I remember you saying how with the lack of ambition shown by Leeds that we where in for a season long relegation battle blah blah blah.. That turned out to be a decent opinion didn't it? Tyler Roberts hasn't been given a new contract by Orta despite not being wanted by Bielsa you think??

There is a long way to go before we know who will be added this window, and given how well we did in our first season back despite only signing rubbish - I will live with the crop of rubbish that we sign up over the next few weeks and still expect us to over achieve again next season - just MY opinion you understand?
    Ohh here comes the gentleman from Britain next in line to the throne of the best arsehole. How's your little willy have you managed to re-route it to your hole.
    And arsehole at least he puts his opinions upfront what do you do ohh I forget you the Johhny come lately.
    Don't bother responding WTF this nut just doesn't have a brain me thinks.
    Last edited by ozleeds; 11-06-2021 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    I seem to recall Bamford was the fall guy last season, look what he achieved this season.
    Hope your right and he does improve through the roof but seen what he has produced doesn't offer anything.
    Bamford was a little silly as people were saying we need a 20 goal striker and that is what he produced and people we're still on about him. I just don't see it that's all and if a miracle happens I would be the first to say I got it wrong.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)