+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: WBA53 match thread

I was hoping we would bring AJ on as we were not solid in the middle of the back. I wonder whether we will appeal the Hegazi red ? It looked nailed on for you baggieal buddy ? Stupid indeed. I must admit I didn’t see it clearly enough and thought it was unintentional ? No doubt the absence of any appeal will confirm one way or the other.
    Still 3 points critical. Phew.
    Good old Brunty. I was pleased for him - if somewhat surprised to see him brought on. Inspiring substitution.
    Townsend did well, as did O’Shea.
    Harper disappointed.
    Pereira motm and Grossy threatened.
    Rooney here we come.

four goals 3 Pareira assists.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Well, got to watch the second half. Very entertaining match, no one played badly. Austin took his goal well but disappeared after that. HRK took his place and caused the Hull defence a lot of trouble. Diangana was amazing, great goal, quick feet caused havoc to the Hull back four. Brunty played great, very calm influence spraying passes around like he was 23. Pareira's passes were stunning. The vision that bloke has! Johnstone made two world class saves (not joking) Hegazi was a monster, really strong and very solid, sorry he got sent off really didn't deserve it after that performance. Townsend had one of the best games I've seen him play, top job. Oshea is showing great maturity now, solid at the back and not afraid to have a pop at goal.He had a shot which was blocked from outside the area looked like it was well on target. Bartley sound. Grosicki looked really dangerous down the left, and scored a great goal thanks to an unbelievable pass from Pareira. Really enjoyed it. Especially after the forth goal went in. Hull showed real grit and you could see they needed the points. Good result.

Would completely agree with all that! Grady, Grosicki and Brunt especially looked great!!

Our defending is woeful.

Hegazi and Bartley are so wooden,like statues.........they don’t get touch tight and they’re always on their heels.

Of course we we all want to go up but without a huge influx of defensive players and two decent strikers we will be cannon fodder next season.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Our defending is woeful.

Hegazi and Bartley are so wooden,like statues.........they don’t get touch tight and they’re always on their heels.

Of course we we all want to go up but without a huge influx of defensive players and two decent strikers we will be cannon fodder next season.
    Great result.come on guys.i live amongst forest and derby fans and I can tell you their entitlement mentality makes me vomit.arogant and dismissive.lets do em .we better than this crap.forever a baggie.stop being negative and let’s get our great club over the line and into the greedy prem league.come on you baggies.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    I was hoping we would bring AJ on as we were not solid in the middle of the back. I wonder whether we will appeal the Hegazi red ? It looked nailed on for you baggieal buddy ? Stupid indeed. I must admit I didn’t see it clearly enough and thought it was unintentional ? No doubt the absence of any appeal will confirm one way or the other.
    Still 3 points critical. Phew.
    Good old Brunty. I was pleased for him - if somewhat surprised to see him brought on. Inspiring substitution.
    Townsend did well, as did O’Shea.
    Harper disappointed.
    Pereira motm and Grossy threatened.
    Rooney here we come.

Booking for me Prando as clumsy and to be honest he got away with one before that. Defence was shocking and to be honest don’t think Gibbs will be any great loss as he will probably miss a few games now. Disappointed in Harper but Livermore does not seem fit!!! Big plus points were Grosicki and Grady looking sharp again. Brunt looked solid and sprayed lovely balls around so would not rule him out playing a bigger part. Pereira was superb.

We need to tighten up against Derby as they are a decent side and need three points to get in the top six!

That defence has got to be a 100% better if we are to win enough points to go up automatically. Simple as!

To be fair to Hull their set piece delivery was very good and would have caused most teams in our division problems, with the exception of O'Shea nobody at the back had a good game, i guess it's a fine balance between wanting to get forward more and create chances and leaving your defence in trouble at the back its also noticeable that neither Sawyers or Harper are particularly good at the defensive side of the game i got the feeling we felt we were always going to score more goals than them, Hegazi's 2nd booking was a little harsh when you look at the couple of tackles by Hull players on Livermore and Grady the ref didn't punish after but at this stage of the season its all about results even if it does make it difficult to watch at times.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Thought Grady and Brunt were really good today when they came on!!
    Agreed
    Brunty added real impetus with this passing

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I know they should be pushing Leeds and Baggies for automatic promotion......but they are in a relegation scrap instead.
    Funny game football...
    If you saw today’s game and didn’t think they should have scored 5 I have no idea what u were watching

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)