+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danny Fox

Danny Fox

Official, he joins Nottingham Forest - been rumbling for a while, that one..

So, another LB coming in or will Targett be stepping up to the plate ?

re: Danny Fox

To add..

On loan until the end of the season with a view to a permanent move in the summer.

[quote=Saints FC]Danny Fox initially moves to the City Ground on loan until the end of the season, with the move set to become permanent in the summer.

Fox spent two-and-a-half years at St Marys, having moved from Burnley shortly after the start of the 2011/12 season.

The Scotland international made 43 appearances in his first campaign on the south coast as Saints won promotion to the Premier League, where he had spent time with his previous club.

He started as Southamptons first-choice left-back upon our return to the top flight, scoring his first goal for the Club in a heavy defeat at Arsenal in September 2012.

However, the emergence of Luke Shaw meant opportunities became more and more limited for Fox as the season went on, although he did rack up 20 appearances over the course of the campaign as Saints secured their Premier League status for the following season.

Starts have been few and far between for the left-back in the 2013/14 campaign, and he now departs St Marys having

I was never a fan of his, even in the Championship he was our weakest link imo but certainly nowhere near PL level. For a defender his sense of positioning is astonishingly bad, and he lacks the pace to make up for that deficiency.

That said, he played his part in our return to the PL, and I wish him all the best at Forest.

Well, if it needed confirming, I guess Shaw is going no where.

Not sure if the management are that confident, in Targett, as I don't think he has even had a call up to bench duty, for the cup games.

I think Clyne will be cover for Luke, when he picks up his next injury/illness.

why would you want Fox to replace Harding? we made that mistake, Harding imho although not as good going forward was certainly a more solid defender than Fox

Poor old Dan Harding, he must feel like the bloke whose girlfriends keep keeting shagged by his best mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge
    Poor old Dan Harding, he must feel like the bloke whose girlfriends keep keeting shagged by his best mate.
    Wayne Bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by Moosel
    Wayne Bridge?[/quote]

Ryan Giggs, oh hang on, that was his brother..

I will always thank him for what he done or us in the championship I think it was 16 odd assists ! He always tried his best for us in the prem but unfortunately he just isn't quite good enough, but I wish him all the best in the future !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast