+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non footy-China!!

Non footy-China!!

I see in yahoo ( https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-ups...022759882.html )
    That tension is growing on the Indian - Chinese border.
    Calling for the "immediate and unconditional" withdrawal of Indian troops, it warned Beijing would "take all necessary measures" to safeguard its interests.

Get ready for a Chinese -Indian war, coming anytime soon ,it must, even before winter starts !! China have already taken islands in the South China sea. They have taken and who can stop them? Expansion policy's work!!!

Crossing the Himalaya's and sizing the plane north of Dehli, they will stop the water flowing into the city etc . Having no water all will leave Dehli, This will cause the largest migration in the worlds history!!
    Because of the land mass and each nations potential, the war will drag on some 4 years !!!

Who said it somewhere : "We will just continue to bimble along from crisis to crisis and we will just have to get on with it. C'est la vie!"
    "We live in dangerous times. (TEC ).....Very very dangerous!!!

...." "how much they can get away with, in a region that is unlikely to draw the involvement of other major powers such as the US?"

Especially dangerous in this case as both countries have a nuclear capability, you really don't want this one to get out of hand. Still it could put to the test the theory that nuclear weapons are a deterrent to war. We'll see, or perhaps we won't see anything at all, if they're not.

Hi Sinkov, not being in a military frame of mind , I would say leaders ask their generals whats the options ,perhaps being? a) To have air superiority,then to be able to bomb strategic enemy positions at will. To have an excellent air defense system against incoming rockets. That could stop a war but here the question is what are China's gains ? What does she want? If her plan is to take the whole northern Indian plane, ,to be able to grow food to feed its population, a billion and more Chinese? Of course, I am not in China ,but is she effected by insufficient water irrigation systems, poor land crop growing areas (soil ) and natural disasters (floods ,drought etc)? ??

There will be war if not now after the winter I think before.

Oh! and India has just been on a shopping spree here in Israel,what do you think it bought ?

Is this another super power flexing its military muscles instead of trying to reach an agreement amicably ?

And then there's the great imponderable, what will the leader of the world's great superpower think about all this, if he thinks at all. And having thought, what will he do, they're still the world's policeman.

I live in China, I have for almost 12 years.
    I find the comment "China have already taken islands in the South China sea", a little strange.
    How does a country take islands that are in their territorial waters ?
    I think that Britain is guilty of invading countries and enforcing their laws etc.
    As for India....I've also lived there, believe me, India will never pose a threat to China nor any other country.
    Of course just my opinion....

I'd hoped you'd reply to this thread map, thanks, hope you and yours are keeping well

Thanks for your reply too....I did not wish to be confrontational, I just feel that it is ridiculous that some posters base their opinions from what they read on various internet sites without any consideration for the true facts.

Map:
    ( "I find the comment "China have already taken islands in the South China sea", a little strange.)

Philippines v. China (PCA case number 2013–19), also known as the South China Sea Arbitration, was an arbitration case brought by the Republic of the Philippines against the People’s Republic of China under Annex VII to the United Nations.

On 12 July 2016, the tribunal ruled in favor of the Philippines. It clarified that it would not "...rule on any question of sovereignty over land territory and would not delimit any maritime boundary between the Parties" The tribunal also ruled that China has "no historical rights" based on the "nine-dash line" map.

The Philippines contended that the "nine-dotted line" claim by China is invalid because it violates the UNCLOS agreements about exclusive economic zones and territorial seas. It says that because most of the features in the South China Sea, such as most of the Spratly Islands, cannot sustain life, they cannot be given their own continental shelf as defined in the convention.

Beijing has moved aggressively in recent years to cement its claims to most of the South China Sea, assert military control over the waters and thus weaken US influence.
    China has built islands and airstrips on reefs and islets in the Spratlys archipelago, a strategic location in the southern part of the sea.
    A US-based think tank released photos in December showing Beijing appeared to have installed weapons systems at its outposts in the area.
    Because of its position, another military outpost at Scarborough Shoal is seen as the last major physical step required to secure control of the sea.
    An outpost at the shoal would also put Chinese fighter jets and missiles within easy striking distance of US forces stationed in the Philippines.
    The shoal also commands the northeast exit of the sea, so a Chinese military outpost there could stop other countries' navies from using the ***** stretch of waters.

So Map the true facts: Would you disagree that China has used the islands as fishing grounds but never taken control over it ?Many Nations have fished there so it has been like that in their history! If China controlled those islands ,why let other Nations fish there? But only now when they know that the islands are rich in minerals ,oil and gas??

Is it a fact President Xi Jinping said 4 days ago, ''China will never permit loss of ‘any piece’ of land'' (a one-hour speech in Beijing marking the 90th anniversary of the founding of the People's Liberation Army?) The speech followed a parade Sunday at a training ground on the edge of the Gobi Desert during which Xi donned fatigues and declared that the military has the "confidence and capability" to ensure China's sovereignty, security and national interests. Xi, has frequently spoken of his "China Dream" to restore China to a leadership position in international affairs with a modern, far-reaching military force to match.

However, China is currently engaged in a weeks-long border standoff with Indian forces near the countries' disputed border high in the Himalayas, with Chinese spokesmen demanding that Indian troops withdraw to avoid a clash potentially worse than the brief but bloody war the two fought in the region in 1962.

Has China built roads good enough to transport troops to the South? Towards Nepal and India? True or false?

So the alarm bells are ringing? Then what about India's reaction?

India will buy nearly $2 billion worth of weapons technology from Israel in what's being described as the “largest defence contract” ever signed by the military exporting giant. The deal will see state-owned Israel Aerospace Industries provide India with an advanced defence system of medium-range surface-to-air missiles, launchers and communications technology, the company said in a statement Thursday. The “mega” missile agreement is “considered to be the largest defense contract in Israel's defense industries' history”, the company said. The Israeli firm will also supply a naval defence system including long-range surface-to-air missiles for India's first aircraft carrier, which is still under construction.

Conclusion: never trust reading these 'doggy Internet sites and opinions from what they read on various Internet sites without any consideration for the true facts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)