+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 235 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    They're 'about to be', yes, but they haven't been for a long time yet still getting vaccinated, which was my point.
    Yes they are about to be put at risk because the desire is to get all pupils back, and if the vaccine takes 2-3 weeks to become effective, it needs to be finding teachers and their supporting staff sooner, rather than later. Saying they have not been at risk since 2 weeks after the start of this lockdown is no reason to not protect them ahead of others who dont see ourselves as a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Yes they are about to be put at risk because the desire is to get all pupils back, and if the vaccine takes 2-3 weeks to become effective, it needs to be finding teachers and their supporting staff sooner, rather than later. Saying they have not been at risk since 2 weeks after the start of this lockdown is no reason to not protect them ahead of others who dont see ourselves as a priority.
    It doesn't need to be finding them because they are not priority at risk workers. Data has shown this. I wonder if I'd rocked up to the vaccine centre a few weeks ago and said 'Im a bus driver' if I'd have got a vaccine. I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Who deserves priority?,a taxi driver sent to pick up 4 junkies who don't give a monkeys about the virus or a teacher with 20 five year olds in their class ?.
    Teaching unions need to shut the phuck up their members are not in meat or chicken factories or in a saloon car picking up passengers possibly carrying the virus.
    If they were at a greater danger of contracting the virus i would say fair enough but they are not and they spend at least a quarter of a year without any pupils to deal with either in an empty classroom or with their feet up at home.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I have never had much time for the EIS and other teacher union's,their members are very valuable to society but i think they consider themselves above many of their fellow citizen's.
    If you were to ask me of a group of workers who should be prioritised ahead of the general public Taxi and Bus drivers would be miles ahead of teachers as they are at far greater risk of being infected and dying.
    Going by age or underlying health conditions is the fairest way to go and its been endorsed by all four nations of the UK.
    I agree with your assessment of teachers attitude, but because i dont believe the evidence to say they are at no greater risk because i question the circumstances that data was gathered under, i will continue to argue that they are entitled to be in the same line as PS drivers, the police and essential shop workers and everyone else mentioned on previous posts, because their risk will become about equal. Their arrogance should not detract from them getting the vaccine, or taxi drivers would be on that list!

You say that this would slow things down, but because a vaccinator had the foresight to suggest phoning people in, there are people who are answering the call just like you did. This has grown into a damn good system that is ensuring as much vaccine as is possible is getting into the arms of people and not going to waste. All it needs is the council to create a list of school staff and Taxi Licence holders, bus companies and essential shops etc to add their lists, and submit it to a proper reserve list for when spare doses are available. Some of the numbers ive been told are staggering, and would ensure the people we all want pushed ahead in the list would be dealt with quite quickly.

Latest 7 day averages per 100,000 population:

Angus down from 52.5 to 44.8.

Dundee also drop from 54.2 to 53.6.

Some amount of nonsense posted on here.

When schools went back, Covid cases increased rapidly.

School staff are at risk as they are in a confined space with 20-30 other people, with little social distancing, especially with younger kids that don't really understand the rules. How is that less dangerous than the situation bus drivers, police etc are in?

The criticism of the teachers unions and the general lack of respect for teachers is depressing. The amount of parents that are struggling to home school a single child shows what challenges teachers with classes of 20 to 30 kids have.

And if you think their job is that easy with all the in-service days and 12 weeks holiday, why not train to be a teacher yourself, it's clearly a dawdle.

The lack of respect is a disgrace considering the importance of their job. They are held in very high regard in most other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Who deserves priority?,a taxi driver sent to pick up 4 junkies who don't give a monkeys about the virus or a teacher with 20 five year olds in their class ?.
    Teaching unions need to shut the phuck up their members are not in meat or chicken factories or in a saloon car picking up passengers possibly carrying the virus.
    If they were at a greater danger of contracting the virus i would say fair enough but they are not and they spend at least a quarter of a year without any pupils to deal with either in an empty classroom or with their feet up at home.
    As you put it like that, and this is not based on anecdote! Where are the taxi drivers kids? Where are the junkies kids? Where are the kids whos families are at food processing plants? Who is spending time with the kids of those essential NHS workers? Who is spending time with the ones who are most likely to be partying? She is not a teacher, but she does work in a school with classes exceeding 20!

I question the data because teachers and staff risks were low while others was very high and i dont think this was considered. But our leaders are asking teachers and staff to accept the same risks, and i think ALL high risk workers should be vaccinated ahead of me! Neither have i ever believed that kids dont catch and spread this, the spread of the common cold in my experience disputes this!

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post

School staff are at risk as they are in a confined space with 20-30 other people, with little social distancing, especially with younger kids that don't really understand the rules. How is that less dangerous than the situation bus drivers, police etc are in?

The criticism of the teachers unions and the general lack of respect for teachers is depressing. The amount of parents that are struggling to home school a single child shows what challenges teachers with classes of 20 to 30 kids have.

And if you think their job is that easy with all the in-service days and 12 weeks holiday, why not train to be a teacher yourself, it's clearly a dawdle.

The lack of respect is a disgrace considering the importance of their job. They are held in very high regard in most other countries.
    If the teachers at at risk because of their age or underlying health conditions they'll have got (or about to get) the vaccine. Why should a teacher in their 20s get it ahead of someone in their 40s? Sorry but it's nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    If the teachers at at risk because of their age or underlying health conditions they'll have got (or about to get) the vaccine. Why should a teacher in their 20s get it ahead of someone in their 40s? Sorry but it's nonsense.
    Sorry to put in an answer to this, but anecdotally know of several teachers and staff who did get this over the last weekend.

We can put up questions like that all day, for example, why should i at occupational low risk who is waiting on Cohort 9 finishing, when any number of people in all the high risk occupations mentioned today are waiting?

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post

Why don't they train to be window cleaners?,its a dawdle out in all weather's climbing the empire state building twice a day,not getting paid when sick,not getting paid when in isolation,not getting paid when we get a foot of snow and not entitled to ONE FN days holiday pay a year.

FN sick hearing about them and their problems,most of them would not be able to keep up with my levels of fitness and i am riddled with rheumatoid arthritis and only cancer drugs,steriods and strong pain killers allow me to work but it wont last for me or anyone else with my condition.

Its also worth mentioning that the world class education that Scotland had in the past is long gone but i suppose that's the fault of the Scottish government and not the snowflakes sitting on their arses all day with a quarter of the year on holiday.

Forgot to add FACT,FACT.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 26-02-2021 at 11:17 PM.

Page 50 of 235 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)