+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FAO Bigmoon and other non-attenders

FAO Bigmoon and other non-attenders

Reading JR/Saxo's thread - about whether getting back to the PL is a good idea - made me realise that we now need to look forward instead of back.
    Of course we would struggle in the PL, but the whole point of a league-system is that you try to climb as high as possible.
    It would be brilliant to see this site dominated by football discussions again, with contributions from the old regulars.
    Instead, it has been largely taken over by paranoid ramblings from people who don't even support Rovers!
    Bigmoon and others, I am not asking you to forgive and forget; I am saying, "Hold your nose and start attending again."
    There has been a lot of talk about getting our Club back; I would like to start by getting our site back, and that can only come from enough people being determined to return it to its former status.
    Besides that, Bigmoon, I miss your match-reports.

re: FAO Bigmoon and other non-attenders

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover
    Reading JR/Saxo's thread - about whether getting back to the PL is a good idea - made me realise that we now need to look forward instead of back.
    Of course we would struggle in the PL, but the whole point of a league-system is that you try to climb as high as possible.
    It would be brilliant to see this site dominated by football discussions again, with contributions from the old regulars.
    Instead, it has been largely taken over by paranoid ramblings from people who don't even support Rovers!
    Bigmoon and others, I am not asking you to forgive and forget; I am saying, "Hold your nose and start attending again."
    There has been a lot of talk about getting our Club back; I would like to start by getting our site back, and that can only come from enough people being determined to return it to its former status.
    Besides that, Bigmoon, I miss your match-reports.
    He probably does not post much due to clarets ruling this board (stinky

I would still rather stab myself in the eye than return to Ewood, I am still waiting for the owners to correct their wrongs or apologise. Neither have happened yet.

I have booked in for some away games soon, but at this moment in time my money is being saved for other things as I am due to become a father for the first time. So all my spare cash is going on a pram, nursery furniture and general savings for when my little bundle of joy drops in May.

However, I have already penciled in with Davhor and Cloggs Botlon away. I have also promised myself that I will go to Huddersfield. I would have loved to have gone to Barnsley, but a school night is a no-no.

So I will be more than happy to share my feelings after them games Aucks, but I would rather stick a red hot poker down my urethra than return to Ewood just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmoon
    I would still rather stab myself in the eye than return to Ewood, I am still waiting for the owners to correct their wrongs or apologise. Neither have happened yet.

I have booked in for some away games soon, but at this moment in time my money is being saved for other things as I am due to become a father for the first time. So all my spare cash is going on a pram, nursery furniture and general savings for when my little bundle of joy drops in May.

However, I have already penciled in with Davhor and Cloggs Botlon away. I have also promised myself that I will go to Huddersfield. I would have loved to have gone to Barnsley, but a school night is a no-no.

So I will be more than happy to share my feelings after them games Aucks, but I would rather stick a red hot poker down my urethra than return to Ewood just yet.
    wow, you mean your not a virgin..?

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes
    Who said that it's mine?

Congrats Moonie!!!! I hope you have little interest in sleep

On the Rovers side, (and you'll use your Little Moon as an excuse obviously now as well); Venky's are not going to apologise. But they are paying for their mistakes, which is about about as much as anyone can expect. They have have got rid of the scumbags that were taking the club for a ride due to their incompetence. It's time to accept that they simply listened to the wrong people, were had over big time and eventually woke up. An apology means admitting to a whole lot more than they could probably say, given that downfall was all a result of them surrounding themselves with confidence tricksters. That's not an easy thing to own up to. The backing they gave the baldheaded one when they still thought he could come good and were still believing his delusional lies after relegation, was about the club. They then spent a foutune pulling the tigger on 2 cr@p managers they had been persuaded to be appoint by more idiots. They

Cheers Dan,

I can see what the owners are trying to do and they certainly are paying for it. The debt, the relegation, everything is their own doing. They deserve no gratitude or praise for anything, the chickens are coming home to roost(pardon the pun).

If we get promoted this season I will not be returning next season either. The comitted manager and committed player have my full support and I will show that away from Ewood, where I am not putting my money into the hands of the Venkys. They will only get my funding back when they have righted the wrongs.

They have 5 years max before I want to start taking the young Moon to Ewood as I don't want it growing up a phucking pie eater, scouser, toffee, blue or red Manchester tosspot or heaven forbid, a Magpie.

Who said that it's mine? [/quote]

It's not mine i have had the snip,and i draw the line at geordie women anyway,im not so desperate ..

congratulations mate .. get he/she down the turf as soon as possible and to watch the wigan warriors ..

They have 5 years max before I want to start taking the young Moon to Ewood as I don't want it growing up a phucking pie eater, scouser, toffee, blue or red Manchester tosspot or heaven forbid, a Magpie.
    That's why I renewed in the darkest of days. My lad was at an impressionable age and I didn't want to send a message that only prem football is worth watching. I knew he knew the score, (he had to suffer me and Sven bitching up and down the motorway, through the games and in the pub ). But still, there was a message. In this time, I've seen a lot change. Right now though, Ewood is a good place again. There's a lot of passion from players and fans, it's amazing how 12K of us are much louder than 23K ever were. Yes, players don't always perform to their best, but you see that they get disappointed in themselves.

I know that my season ticket money doesn't come close to contributing to a day's interest on the debt, so I know that

Congratulations, Bigmoon. The comforting thing about parenthood is that the first 40 years are the worst.
    I take all your points about the dreaded Vs. But in a sense, that is MY point: the worst thing they have done is to fragment the club and its supporters. Now is the time to start piecing things together again. GB is doing a decent job in that respect on the field, and I would like to see this site also starting to recover its former quality. One major part in that would be the resurgence of the old regulars who attracted me to Roversmad in the first place. And that resurgence will be much the stronger if it is partly based on exchanged comments, arguments and opinions about games, both home and away. (To be fair, Saxo/JR often attempts this, but - somehow - his threads always seem to get hijacked or blown off course).
    I have been frustrated by the kidnapping of our site, and I know that is true for people like SydneyGirl too. Time to reclaim it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)