+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Home v Wimbledon Tuesday KO 7:45

Tomorrow's match will be a lot different anyway, regardless of injuries. Wimbledon are unlikely to play the same style as Crewe

We've got enough flexibility in the squad to cope.

Aye they will prob be a lot better...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Warney says "we will patch up defence best we can" that doesnt fill me with much hope for tomoz. Also suggesting Wood will be out cos cant play 2 games per week and also sick note mattock.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...ortage-3397711

I can only assume the defence will be a new combination of icky, reg, T, Odoffin. Dunt inspire me.

Warne also said the other day Ogbene camt play 2 full games a week so he could be out as well. Bear in mind Wiles dead leg as well the other day we waint have many to choose from.
    Haven’t read that then yes we have a problem so I won’t be surprised if we don’t win 😂

Come on Millers get chanting and sucking that ball in

Actually I’ve just realised we scored at last in the home end, our fortunes have turned

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Haven’t read that then yes we have a problem so I won’t be surprised if we don’t win 😂

Come on Millers get chanting and sucking that ball in

Actually I’ve just realised we scored at last in the home end, our fortunes have turned

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!
    Somebody told me that saturday's goal was the first to be scored in front of the Millers fans, home or away

Is that so?

Home end really quiet for the Crewe game, seemed to wake up on the 55 minute mark

Warney says "we will patch up defence best we can" that doesnt fill me with much hope for tomoz. Also suggesting Wood will be out cos cant play 2 games per week and also sick note mattock.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...ortage-3397711

I can only assume the defence will be a new combination of icky, reg, T, Odoffin. Dunt inspire me.

Warne also said the other day Ogbene camt play 2 full games a week so he could be out as well. Bear in mind Wiles dead leg as well the other day we waint have many to choose from.
    Wiles had a dead leg from 65 minutes on yet Warne, persisted and insisted he stayed on hobbling across the pitch unable to chase down loose balls while all the time Lindsay is there to take his place and help shore up midfield. Crewe just ran through the middle time and again as Wiles couldn't assist as he wanted to. Someone sat close to me commented on Wiles looking at the bench hoping he could be brought off but no, why not????? Now look at him, probably more damaged than was necessary.

Fans moan, one especially, when Warne his criticised for his inept substitutions, well this is one where he deserves it!

We've been short on CHs all season yet continues to risk 3 of them every game and then, oh, surprise, we suddenly don't have enough fit ones! So just play two of them and two full backs instead of risking all these CHs, and play wingers as wingers instead of wing backs. We don't seem to utilise Ogbene's pace to have a quick breakaway as he's 20-30 yards behind where he could be more threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSquirt View Post
    We've been short on CHs all season yet continues to risk 3 of them every game and then, oh, surprise, we suddenly don't have enough fit ones! So just play two of them and two full backs instead of risking all these CHs, and play wingers as wingers instead of wing backs. We don't seem to utilise Ogbene's pace to have a quick breakaway as he's 20-30 yards behind where he could be more threatening.
    I called for 4 at the back Saturday and to stop running Ogbene ragged up and down the full length of the pitch. It all falls on deaf ears pal.

Agree squirt. Play to our strengtgs not our weaknesses if we just play ogbene and fergie as wingers rather than wing backs we prob will get more out of them. They will be able to play every week and prob puck up less injuries to boot. Not against 3 5 2 in principle bur we aint got the players to fit the system amd even less when injuries and suspensions. Till we get that play with a straight back 4 with everybody in their correct position for balance. So for eg play harding ar right back, icky rt cb, wood left cb and T or mattock at left back. Put ogbene and fergie as attacking wingers breaking from half way line instead of edge of our pen area. It never did towner any harm he didnt have to help out in defence.

Agree squirt. Play to our strengtgs not our weaknesses if we just play ogbene and fergie as wingers rather than wing backs we prob will get more out of them. They will be able to play every week and prob puck up less injuries to boot. Not against 3 5 2 in principle bur we aint got the players to fit the system amd even less when injuries and suspensions. Till we get that play with a straight back 4 with everybody in their correct position for balance. So for eg play harding ar right back, icky rt cb, wood left cb and T or mattock at left back. Put ogbene and fergie as attacking wingers breaking from half way line instead of edge of our pen area. It never did towner any harm he didnt have to help out in defence.
    Roly you do talk some sense at times, not always but when you do it's good Apparently Mattock has achilles damage so don't expect to see him tomorrow.

Do we start Grigg & Ladapo together, holding Smith in reserve, to see how they play together.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast