+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tims away

Tims away

No doubt get a pumping after they were horsed last night but thats nothing unusual for us when we go there unfortunately

Team, f uck knows. needs to be defensive though, keeper, doesnt really matter both are proper sh1te, Watt gets to return to his true love

3-0 tims (minimum)

Mr Motivators tangerine army

Can we play 2 keepers?

Coming up for thirty years (26th Dec 1992) since our last win at that ground. If Brian Graham had only scored that sitter that record could have been history. As it is, it is up to the players on Saturday to win the game and break the record.............

Oh don't start on the keepers ffs.

I saw dozens of goals going in last nite in Europe that I knew wouldn't have gone down well with the Tannadice Tormentors had it been either of our two goalies conceding.

I fear diving horizontally from the right hand post to the postage stamp corner and miraculously palming the ball and grazing the woodwork as it went out for a corner will lead to 'he should have parried it round the post, it was nearly an own goal' criticisms.

Please back the goalies, they thrive on confidence & please remember what you said about Siegrist till he settled. Cheap jibes all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post

I saw dozens of goals going in last nite in Europe that I knew wouldn't have gone down well with the Tannadice Tormentors had it been either of our two goalies conceding.

I fear diving horizontally from the right hand post to the postage stamp corner and miraculously palming the ball and grazing the woodwork as it went out for a corner will lead to 'he should have parried it round the post, it was nearly an own goal' criticisms.

Please back the goalies, they thrive on confidence & please remember what you said about Siegrist till he settled. Cheap jibes all the time.
    Way over dramatic about the keepers. People are just saying what they see and i would like to see a proper counter argument to point out what we are missing to say they will improve?

Siegrist is hardly a shining example to compare the current pair to! The lad never got a chance to start with, but when he did, he improved week on week.

Eriksson is the lesser of the 2 evils for me, Edwards and Graham need to be in the 3 with either from Smith/McMann in between them. In midfield, i would keep Levitt away from this one as i think his head is elsewhere a few weeks too early. Behich, Sibbald and McGrath kinda pick themselves just now, but i would add in Harkes as he seems to lift his game against Ceptic.

Time though to pucker up buttercups as we are about to be rammed again!

Siegrist improved.
    Eriksson has played 11 games, Birighitti 6.
    How many games did Siegrist get before 'fans' stopped howling at him?
    'He never got a chance to start with'. Is this the 'fans' now denying Eriksson or Birighitti a chance?
    We're not learning.

Think we would do well to judge the keepers when the team is playing more consistently well and the defence is not lacking so much confidence. I appreciate confidence can be impacted on by the goalie behind but am not convinced that is the case currently.

I am the biggest advocate of a back 3 normally, but our weakness with crosses and their good wingers would favour a back 4 for this weekend at least.

Goalie
    Smith/Freeman Edwards Graham McMann
    Sibbald Harkes
    Middleton McGrath Behich
    Fletcher

Harkes is obviously a controversial shout, but his mobility could be useful.

Going to be extremely tough regardless of what team we go with. Have no expectations I'm afraid

Got to be Ericsson. In his games so far he's had 'odd' moments without any of them being bad enough to cause a goal. Birighitti on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post

keepers are ****e, cant defend that fact, thats not an opinion either its a well know fact we're struggling with keepers and will be our downfall if not rectified soon

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    keepers are ****e, cant defend that fact, thats not an opinion either its a well know fact we're struggling with keepers and will be our downfall if not rectified soon
    I actually think Ericsson is getting better each game. Birighitti is just a bombscare so far though. ☹️

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)