+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bit of perspective...

A bit of perspective...

A bit of perspective is needed I feel.

Since Vincent Kompany came to Turf Moor, we have experienced one promotion, one relegation and watched as around 40 players have been brought in or discarded.

In the wake of his departure a squad remains who are still good enough to walk next season’s Championship.
    Youngsters such as Koleosho, Odobert, Amdouni & Al-Dakhil are all superstars in the making.

Kompany’s career has taken a very sharp and unexpected upward trajectory curve and in all seriousness who can blame him for taking the vacant job at the Allianz Arena?

Alan Pace had monetarised his possible departure and Burnley Football Club will receive a hefty chunk of compensation money.

It’s a new day, a new dawn, let’s embrace the change and get behind the Clarets in what could well be yet another almighty season in the annals of the history of Burnley Football Club.

Onwards & forwards. UTC#

Name:  Championship trophy.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  43.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A bit of perspective is needed I feel.

Since Vincent Kompany came to Turf Moor, we have experienced one promotion, one relegation and watched as around 40 players have been brought in or discarded.

In the wake of his departure a squad remains who are still good enough to walk next season’s Championship.
    Youngsters such as Koleosho, Odobert, Amdouni & Al-Dakhil are all superstars in the making.

Kompany’s career has taken a very sharp and unexpected upward trajectory curve and in all seriousness who can blame him for taking the vacant job at the Allianz Arena?

Alan Pace had monetarised his possible departure and Burnley Football Club will receive a hefty chunk of compensation money.

It’s a new day, a new dawn, let’s embrace the change and get behind the Clarets in what could well be yet another almighty season in the annals of the history of Burnley Football Club.

Onwards & forwards. UTC#

Name:  Championship trophy.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  43.0 KB
    Totally agree

Well said BT. I wonder if he will try to poach any of our real talent? If they have the potential that he raved about, then surely some would be worth poaching?

Question is BT-how many of them players will want to stay once Kompany leaves?
    Whoever the new manager is-will he want these players?

I think here will be some almighty changes in store that may plunge the club into chaos this summer.Apparently Pace is livid.

All I can say to Mr Pace is...

Name:  Excuses.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  34.4 KB

The buck stops with you my friend.

It still feels like a betrayal, i don't give a toss about pace, it's the fans who have been let down and I agree with other posts, VK is the new Judas. I also agree with CiB, VK attracted players to the club who may no longer wish to be here, especially those with roots elsewhere.

Fickle fan syndrome strikes again.

I support Burnley Football Club, I even forgave them for sacking Sean Dyche.

Name:  Don't panic.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  5.0 KB

I don't blame Kompany for going, sh!t happens, that's life and you move on.

More than glad to see the back of him though

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    It still feels like a betrayal, i don't give a toss about pace, it's the fans who have been let down and I agree with other posts, VK is the new Judas. I also agree with CiB, VK attracted players to the club who may no longer wish to be here, especially those with roots elsewhere.
    Why do you feel betrayed?

I honestly can't stand the fella and after this seasons shambles I wouldn't want him anywhere near my football club.

I can't tell you how relieved and happy that he has walked before is inevitable expensive sacking

You and I would no that we have failed in his position, but Kompany is so far up himself will blame others for his Incompetency.

BM and VK have certainly done us a massive favour

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Question is BT-how many of them players will want to stay once Kompany leaves?
    Whoever the new manager is-will he want these players?

I think here will be some almighty changes in store that may plunge the club into chaos this summer.Apparently Pace is livid.
    Happens every time a new manager goes to a club... Most players cope quite well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)