+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unsung heroes in a Notts shirt

David Hunt

Agree with BFP, Dean Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Ended up at Torquay and then got a boozer down that way, trying to remember the name of the midfielder with blonde hair who we binned off to wolves whom was a similar type of player, crashing in a shot to beat us 3 0 at wolves, think it was a cup game, I remember we shared the massive stand behind the goal and the wolves fans singing 'in your Nottingham slums '
    Was it Keith Downing?

Unsung hero:Eric McManus

The obvious players are midfielders who were part of an ascent into the upper reaches of the pyramid, so Phil Turner fits the bill perfectly. For very different reasons I'd say Ian Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    The obvious players are midfielders who were part of an ascent into the upper reaches of the pyramid, so Phil Turner fits the bill perfectly. For very different reasons I'd say Ian Richardson.
    Actually utm, you’ve reminded me that I’d completely forgotten about Phil Robinson, which goes to show how unsung he is.

Part of both the Warnock and Allardyce teams, 8ish years apart.

Mark Goodwin

I go with Alex Gibson again, he was a great player in some of Notts worst times. Stuck with and often held the team together and made over 300 appearances I believe

Guy Branston - didn't receive the credit he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Ended up at Torquay and then got a boozer down that way, trying to remember the name of the midfielder with blonde hair who we binned off to wolves whom was a similar type of player, crashing in a shot to beat us 3 0 at wolves, think it was a cup game, I remember we shared the massive stand behind the goal and the wolves fans singing 'in your Nottingham slums '
    Keith Downing?

Although both were for a limited time at the club, Colin Foster and Jeff Whitley made huge differences to our fortunes. Both a cut above our level at the time, and unsung (temporary) heroes for Notts as much needed.

Totally agree about Robinson, Turner and Thomas. Never wanted Draper to leave like any Notts fan, but Turner was far more than a bit part in that deal

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast