+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 257 of 301 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

I honestly don't know how you can be bothered reading all this stuff.
    If you are going to get it --you will ---deal with it and get on with life. If you survive --you survive ---if you don't survive then that's the way the cookie crumbles and you become a statistic.
    Alternatively, you could worry about everything, get mentally ill or suffer from depression, then find that you can't get treatment for that because there is a massive backlog. What then? Same result as above --you either survive or you don't and you still become a statistic.

Get on with life ---you only have one chance ---unless you are deeply religious and believe that you can be re-born.
    Life is so simple but is complicated by human beings, some with agendas but many without!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I honestly don't know how you can be bothered reading all this stuff.
    If you are going to get it --you will ---deal with it and get on with life. If you survive --you survive ---if you don't survive then that's the way the cookie crumbles and you become a statistic.
    Alternatively, you could worry about everything, get mentally ill or suffer from depression, then find that you can't get treatment for that because there is a massive backlog. What then? Same result as above --you either survive or you don't and you still become a statistic.

Get on with life ---you only have one chance ---unless you are deeply religious and believe that you can be re-born.
    Life is so simple but is complicated by human beings, some with agendas but many without!
    I hate their constant nonsensical drip, drip propaganda Supersub6. I know exactly what these eejits are doing and me no likey!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    COVID Passports - Boris & Co told to BOGOFF!

The Government's response states that the Government believes that certification would provide a public health benefit, and that it will set out more detail about the settings where certification will be required in due course.

Responding to the Government's response, the Chair of the Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee, William Wragg MP, said:

“With recent analysis suggesting that vaccinated people carry as much of the virus as the unvaccinated into any setting, the disappointing lack of any scientific basis for the Government’s decision to go ahead could reasonably lead people to conclude that there is in fact no such basis. If the real goal is to drive vaccine uptake, then it is a deeply cynical approach that will be counterproductive.”

Read the Committee's press release about the Government's response: https://committees.parliament.uk/com...evidence-base/

What did the Committee's report on Covid-status certification say?
    The Committee's report said the Government had so far failed to make the scientific case in favour of the system, and raised concerns that such a system could “disproportionately discriminate” against people on the basis of their race, religion, age or socio-economic background. They concluded plans for Covid passports were "unnecessary" and "unjustified".

Read the report (HTML):
    It's my understanding that they are not going ahead with Vaccine Passports, I doubt they ever intended to, just a bit of carrot and stick to get the younger generation, who are at virtually zero risk from Covid, vaxxed up.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's my understanding that they are not going ahead with Vaccine Passports, I doubt they ever intended to, just a bit of carrot and stick to get the younger generation, who are at virtually zero risk from Covid, vaxxed up.
    Like the dude observed mon ami "If the real goal is to drive vaccine uptake, then it is a deeply cynical approach that will be counterproductive.”

Like the dude observed mon ami "If the real goal is to drive vaccine uptake, then it is a deeply cynical approach that will be counterproductive.”
    Deeply cynical is putting it mildly BT. The Boris Presser yesterday was a fine example, the media muppets seemed unconcerned about anything except another lockdown under Plan B. I thought one or two of them were going to get on their hands and knees and plead with Boris to promise us one. Then there was the media stooge with the planted question about some Twitter tart who says the vaccines can cause impotence. This gave Whitty the chance to ridicule such claims, and of course this extended to all who doubt the safety of the virus, thousands of people with genuine worries about vaccine safety, treated as imbecilic anti-vaxxers and ridiculed. No media muppet asked about the number of adverse reactions reported on the government's yellow card scheme, it was as though that didn't exist, move along please, nothing to see here. And that was just the media.

And they might enforce masks again, this has always been political, there is no medical evidence that masks protect against the virus. Anyone doubting that it is political should have seen PMQs, the entire Labour benches sat there muzzled, every sad one of them, like extras in Zombie Apocalypse, whilst on the Tory side I could only see two. Not political my arse, what more evidence do you want ?
    Last edited by sinkov; 15-09-2021 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Deeply cynical is putting it mildly BT. The Boris Presser yesterday was a fine example, the media muppets seemed unconcerned about anything except another lockdown under Plan B. I thought one or two of them were going to get on their hands and knees and plead with Boris to promise us one. Then there was the media stooge with the planted question about some Twitter tart who says the vaccines can cause impotence. This gave Whitty the chance to ridicule such claims, and of course this extended to all who doubt the safety of the virus, thousands of people with genuine worries about vaccine safety, treated as imbecilic anti-vaxxers and ridiculed. No media muppet asked about the number of adverse reactions reported on the government's yellow card scheme, it was as though that didn't exist, move along please, nothing to see here. And that was just the media.

And they might enforce masks again, this has always been political, there is no medical evidence that masks protect against the virus. Anyone doubting that it is political should have seen PMQs, the entire Labour benches sat there muzzled, every sad one of them, like extras in Zombie Apocalypse, whilst on the Tory side I could only see two. Not political my arse, what more evidence do you want ?
    Another shambles is imminent from this not ft for purpose cabal of Cabinet Minister Conservative and Unionist Cretins led by a blonde-haired, grinning, smirking, clueless clown, aided and abetted by their quisling sidekick Kier Starmer.

Today's Johnson inspired Cabinet Reshuffle reminded me of one of your little pearlers mon ami, "It's like watching the captain rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic just before it hit the iceberg".

Another shambles is imminent from this not ft for purpose cabal of Cabinet Minister Conservative and Unionist Cretins led by a blonde-haired, grinning, smirking, clueless clown, aided and abetted by their quisling sidekick Kier Starmer.

Today's Johnson inspired Cabinet Reshuffle reminded me of one of your little pearlers mon ami, "It's like watching the captain rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic just before it hit the iceberg".
    BT --I have just realised, through your referring to sinkov's little pearler, that this is why I am always phlegmatic about things. You may remember that the band played on when the Titanic was sinking and I, as a musician, who has played through pub brawls, bomb scares etc., just carry on regardless and get on with the job. Why worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT --I have just realised, through your referring to sinkov's little pearler, that this is why I am always phlegmatic about things. You may remember that the band played on when the Titanic was sinking and I, as a musician, who has played through pub brawls, bomb scares etc., just carry on regardless and get on with the job. Why worry?
    Unlike Wallace Hartley though Sub, you haven't slipped beneath the waves yet.

Toby Young's take on the government's Covid omnishambles.

"Boris Johnson has executed so many U-turns in the past 18 months, it’s as if his solution to the supply chain problem is to retrain as an HGV driver. But even by this Government’s standards, the past few days have seen some spectacular flip-flopping.

Will vaccine passports be introduced for nightclubs, sports stadiums and other large venues? Judging from the string of contradictory ministerial statements about this, the answer seems to be: “No, but, yeah, but…”

The week began with Boris saying he wanted a “bonfire of Covid regulations”, only for him to give a press conference yesterday warning of more restrictions to come this winter.

Then there was Professor Chris Whitty’s bizarre remarks on Monday about vaccinating healthy 12 to 15 year-olds, which will have left most parents none the wiser about whether it’s a sensible precaution or not.

The only thing Boris seems to have set fire to this week is his last vestige of credibility.

According to some cynics, this conflicting advice is a deliberate attempt by the Government to gaslight us. Trying to discover some rhyme or reason beneath the recent spate of back-of-the-envelope announcements is to misunderstand what Boris is really doing, which is to deliberately confuse us.

In their conspiratorial eyes, it’s designed to soften us up for the mass rollout of ID cards, digital currency and – eventually – a Chinese-style social credit system in which anyone who challenges the billionaire-financed technocratic elite will be socially isolated and financially impoverished. They refer to this diabolical plan as ‘the Great Reset’.

I’m not convinced. As a journalist who has been writing about politicians and their shenanigans for more than 30 years, I’m a subscriber to what’s known as ‘Hanlon’s razor’ – never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. In other words, it’s usually cock-up rather than conspiracy. Most politicians I know couldn’t even reset their alarm clocks."

Page 257 of 301 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)