+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Net Busters v Celtic

The Net Busters v Celtic

I find it only fair after calling them net virgins for the last match thread that I thought I should pay a compliment to our players and give them some credit when it was due.
    The most important thing about this match on Sunday is....who is man marking Scott Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I find it only fair after calling them net virgins for the last match thread that I thought I should pay a compliment to our players and give them some credit when it was due.
    The most important thing about this match on Sunday is....who is man marking Scott Brown?
    You may be keeping up your reverse psychology / getting it wrong again streak

It`s a fair point though. I`d go for Curtis Main on Brown. Thinks he`s probably the real Hard Man ?!!

No chance of it happening, but I`d have Main and Cosgrove on. As Cosgrove can and will give their Centre Halfs a bit of a battle in the air. Main can head a ball as well as Rooney did .

cosgrove would also have to work harder, and close down Ajer. I couldn`t stand seeing him run the length of the park unchallenged again ?
    It should also help Cosgrove manmanage his temper. As that Noggercnut will be nipping and yapping at him all game. So a few firm tackles back will keep him on his toes.

Won`t happen Deek won`t play 2 up front against the minks.

I`d expect us to play with Considine at Lb and Logan at RB, with chance to switch in fluid dutch total football way into a 3 5 2 aswe attack. ( Except of course it wont happen, as the minks will press and close us down just outide our own box, and it`ll be back to square, passback, hoof up and straight back at us ?? )

Id just persevere with this new 352 idea and probably just keep the same players as tuesday. Only concern would be it’ll end up as a 532 with our wide players pinned back by there’s, which why he might bring Logan and Campbell back in. If he’s determined to keep the 3 similar style players in midfield, this is the best formation as it allows us to also have someone like McGinn in the 10 role. Id start Main ahead of Cosgrove and if it is turning into a game where we’re just punting it bring Cosgrove on alongside Main.

In/oot - Oot

Furryboots - Vitesse v Heerenveen

Pre - Fortuna Sittard v Emmen

Post - Flying home

Prediction - lots of beer and history. Dons get a mudhole stomped in them

3-3

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    You may be keeping up your reverse psychology / getting it wrong again streak
    I am on a roll...let’s hope I get this one wrong also so we end up seeing a Dons victory.

I am on a roll...let’s hope I get this one wrong also so we end up seeing a Dons victory.

You called the team net virgins (quite funny actually) and we score 3
    So to now call us net buster (if your wrong), we'll not score

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

You called the team net virgins (quite funny actually) and we score 3
    So to now call us net buster (if your wrong), we'll not score
    I was generally meaning what I think we will do in the match. Man marking Scott Brown is woeful and absolutely unnecessary. I think we will get beat in this match as probably the majority of our fans will think along the same line. Hopefully I am wrong and we do Celtic. Knowing how The Anchor Man sets up I don’t hold out much hope of a positive result.

In/oot - In

Furryboots - Mainer C

Pre - Hoose

Post - Hoose

Prediction - 0-3

Team Prediction - more chance of picking the lottery numbers than predicting the team!
    Last edited by ByeByeScum2012; 16-02-2020 at 08:14 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast