+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Level 0 in Scotland

Does writing to an MSP on their Facebook page work? might a campaign inspired by football supporters create a bit of momentum for change?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Does writing to an MSP on their Facebook page work? might a campaign inspired by football supporters create a bit of momentum for change?
    I use "write to them" website, very easy and all your councillors, mps and Msps listed when you put in postcode.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    At 11.20am today I sent Joe Fitzpatrick the Dundee West SNP MSP a message through his Facebook site asking when the Scottish Government were going to announce when the restrictions on the number of spectators attending football matches at all seats stadiums throughout Scotland is to end.
    I received an immediate reply from Joe Fitzpatrick giving the stock answer about 500 spectators being permitted to attend from Monday 17th May and 12,000 spectators at Hampden for the Euros. He swerved answering my question.
    Hiwever I was not going to let him off that easily so I replied asking when more than a maximum of 2,000 spectators are going to be allowed to attend home games at Dens Park when the City of Dundee enters Tier 0 at the end of June 2021. I further added that football fans throughout Scotland need to know when the restrictions on the number of spectators attending football matches in their home stadium are going to be permanently ended.
    i received another prompt reply stating guidance is always under review and is updated every three weeks. Joe hopes that a larger number of fans will be able to attend home games at Dens Park by the start of next season but it is not possible to predict what will happen in a few months time as decisions will be driven by data and clinical advice.
    I then replied at 12.10pm ‘I trust the Scottish Government and health ‘experts’ realise that professional football clubs throughout Scotland will very shortly be selling season tickets for the 2021-22 season not knowing how many spectators will be permitted to attend home games at their football stadium next season’.
    The directors of these clubs might be forced to sell two types of season tickets for next season because only a maximum 2,000 spectators can attend a game.
    One for up to the maximum number of 2,000 spectators and a second one for football fans who can only see their football team live on their computer. I further added that updating every three weeks is no use to the loyal football supporter who purchase a season ticket every season and now does not know if they will be one of fortunate 2,000 supporters able to purchase a season ticket for the 2021-22 season. To highlight the point I said that Rangers and Celtic had tens of thousands of season ticket holders who would not be happy to being restricted to a maximum number of 2,000 spectators at the stadium.
    I kept the best to last. In my final paragraph I said ‘ The number of spectators attending football matches in an all seated stadium throughout Scotland when Mainland Scotland was in Tier 0 should have been decided months ago.
    Sadly I have not received a reply from Joe Fitzpatrick to my final message which I sent at 12.10pm.
    In my opinion the number of spectators attending football matches in an all seated stadium throughout Scotland when Mainland Scotland was in Tier 0 should have been decided and announced by the Scottish Government months ago.
    Wonder when I'll be able to use a rake in a bunker or pressurised air machine to clean golf shoes or touch someone else's scorecard......without instant visit from the grim reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Wonder when I'll be able to use a rake in a bunker or pressurised air machine to clean golf shoes or touch someone else's scorecard......without instant visit from the grim reaper.
    The bunkers on the golf courses must be in a hell of mess if you cannot use a rake in them to bring them back to pristine condition after use.
    About twenty years ago I remember seeing a plastic rake which you fitted over the end of the grip end of your golf club to rake the bunker after playing out of it advertised for sale in a golf magazine.
    You should send a message to your MSP using their Facebook Page for answers to your questions.
    Joe Fitzpatrick was able to give stock answers to my part of my questions but when I ramped it up to ask difficult questions then he chickened out which is very disappointing considering he was the Scottish Government Sports Minister until December 2020 when he was sacked.

I use "write to them" website, very easy and all your councillors, mps and Msps listed when you put in postcode.
    Thanks Rross for that suggestion. I think it is time sensible caring and thoughtful football supporters started a campaign to get crowds back in football grounds etc. I have sometimes been emailed a Mr Grumpy letter to send in support of a cause. I don't do it but if the cause is something that I think has merit I would send my own thoughts. How about we try to generate a sensible complaint about the illogical treatment of football fans? Deeranged Taintedice, Islay, Noah and hmac to name a few, I had to stop because I realised that everyone who posts on here is a perfect example of a rational complainer, could supply some bullet points and we could work up letter which hopefully people would use the contacts on website you suggested. Maybe the Courier or even the ET would see the merit in doing something for all fans. You could give Peter Hitchens the heads up.

I also think the decision to allow the OF youths to join the league structure is mistaken, and do not see why we can't complain about that too.
    Last edited by BCram; 13-05-2021 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    They only way for Football supporters to get an answer is to mount a campaign using the power of the internet.
    I see that there is currently a spike in the number of positive Covid-19 virus cases in Glasgow but less than Moray who will remain in Tier 3 on Monday 17th May. No doubt the rules will be bent to accommodate the Glasgow City Council area as Nicola Sturgeon is the MSP for a Glasgow constituency.

At 11.20am today I sent Joe Fitzpatrick the Dundee West SNP MSP a message through his Facebook site asking when the Scottish Government were going to announce when the restrictions on the number of spectators attending football matches at all seats stadiums throughout Scotland is to end.
    I received an immediate reply from Joe Fitzpatrick giving the stock answer about 500 spectators being permitted to attend from Monday 17th May and 12,000 spectators at Hampden for the Euros. He swerved answering my question.
    Hiwever I was not going to let him off that easily so I replied asking when more than a maximum of 2,000 spectators are going to be allowed to attend home games at Dens Park when the City of Dundee enters Tier 0 at the end of June 2021. I further added that football fans throughout Scotland need to know when the restrictions on the number of spectators attending football matches in their home stadium are going to be permanently ended.
    i received another prompt reply stating guidance is always under review and is updated every three weeks. Joe hopes that a larger number of fans will be able to attend home games at Dens Park by the start of next season but it is not possible to predict what will happen in a few months time as decisions will be driven by data and clinical advice.
    I then replied at 12.10pm ‘I trust the Scottish Government and health ‘experts’ realise that professional football clubs throughout Scotland will very shortly be selling season tickets for the 2021-22 season not knowing how many spectators will be permitted to attend home games at their football stadium next season’.
    The directors of these clubs might be forced to sell two types of season tickets for next season because only a maximum 2,000 spectators can attend a game.
    One for up to the maximum number of 2,000 spectators and a second one for football fans who can only see their football team live on their computer. I further added that updating every three weeks is no use to the loyal football supporter who purchase a season ticket every season and now does not know if they will be one of fortunate 2,000 supporters able to purchase a season ticket for the 2021-22 season. To highlight the point I said that Rangers and Celtic had tens of thousands of season ticket holders who would not be happy to being restricted to a maximum number of 2,000 spectators at the stadium.
    I kept the best to last. In my final paragraph I said ‘ The number of spectators attending football matches in an all seated stadium throughout Scotland when Mainland Scotland was in Tier 0 should have been decided months ago.
    Sadly I have not received a reply from Joe Fitzpatrick to my final message which I sent at 12.10pm.
    In my opinion the number of spectators attending football matches in an all seated stadium throughout Scotland when Mainland Scotland was in Tier 0 should have been decided and announced by the Scottish Government months ago.
    Maybe the reason you have not received a reply is that Joe Fitzpatrick has quickly realised that there is no point in answering any more stupid questions that you are asking him.

They only way for Football supporters to get an answer is to mount a campaign using the power of the internet.
    I see that there is currently a spike in the number of positive Covid-19 virus cases in Glasgow but less than Moray who will remain in Tier 3 on Monday 17th May. No doubt the rules will be bent to accommodate the Glasgow City Council area as Nicola Sturgeon is the MSP for a Glasgow constituency.
    More power to you Islay, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by thegen65 View Post
    Maybe the reason you have not received a reply is that Joe Fitzpatrick has quickly realised that there is no point in answering any more stupid questions that you are asking him.
    More likely he did not have a Scottish Government standard answer to my questions.

More power to you Islay, love it.
    The Scottish Government should be explaining why they are imposing two metre social distancing
    in this season’s Scottish Cup Final between Hibs and St Johnstone resulting in only 600 fans being able to
    attend the match yet one and a half metre social distancing is in place for the Euros resulting in 12,000 spectators being able to attend.
    It would have been interesting to know which social distancing rules would have been in place for the season’s Scottish Cup Final
    if Rangers or Celtic had been in the final.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)