+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drink Prices

Drink Prices

Anyone still drinking in the club bars ?
    A?3.20 a pint

re: Drink Prices

That's sort of the average price for a pint

No doubt someone will pop up and say you can get a pint of owld *******'s tagnut bitter for A?1.80 in the consett unemployed mens club, but comparing the average with an extreme doesn't change the fact it's averagely average.

I was in one of the Wetherspoons in Leeds yesterday, most of the guest (real) ales were 1.99. Being a member of CAMRA I have tokens that get 50p off a pint, so 1.49 a pint for decent beer. Happy days

A?3.20 for a pint of piss isn't average, it's extortionate.

It's when they charge A?3.00 for a can in the bar at the Warwick end of the paddock that you have to start questioning the prices. Then they can't even be arsed opening it up during cup games... they'd only need to sell about 5 cans and the wages of the bar person have been paid!

It's A?3.09 on average in Cumbria, so a not massive 3.5% hike really

Like i said, A?3's what you pay for a pint nowadays, it's not 1972 anymore - view external link

Being involved with the running of a club in Wukiton I know the greedy brewerie's are now sending there beer price rises out, So if they hav'nt already gone up they soon will be.They like to get them out before the budget cos beer fags and petrol were always a favourite tool for the govornment to sting Joe Public...

In our club, a pint of mild has just gone up to A?1.98 and there's hell on.

Loser, how much are bar staff paid per hour then? How many hours do they work on a matchday? How much is the franchise cost per bar per matchday? And do the bar operators get their cans of beer for nowt? I think they might have to sell more than 5 cans to make enough to pay the bar staff.

Having said that, there's no way I'd pay that for a can of rubbish beer, I'd rather not have a drink.

A?3.20-A?3.50 per pint is the price range in my local. Lager, Guinness and 'real' ales.

Would think A?3.20 is pretty cheap to standard for a footy ground.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)