+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Burnley-Sh*t hole, Sh*t game, Sh*t fans_ Cardiff City messageboard today

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Is it not true the Welsh were bowmen in the English armies and won battle's with England against the french? Crécy, Poitiers, Agincourt, Orléans, Patay, Formigny and Castillon.

Marking a major turning point in the Hundred Years' War, the battle on 25 October 1415 was fought over the English kings' claim to the French throne. However, legend has it that at Agincourt - like at the 1346 Battle of Crecy - Welsh long bowmen held the key to English success.

Is it nice to talk about your brothers so?...............
    We have snowflakes in Israel too - obviously.

Attachment 16146

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We all know what the Welsh do with sheep Balan, that's why they all wear Wellingtons.
    I have lived down here for 57 years and in all that time I have never met or heard anyone complain about the tag we have,they just smile.

The Rhondda has a lot of similarities to Burnley,originally founded on one industry,coal.Due to it's geographical position this has never really been replaced.Look up a list of the places in Britain with the lowest priced properties and alongside Burnley you will find parts of the Welsh valleys.Towns and villages in the area reflect its past,Tylorstown,Hopkinstown etc named after the mine owners.

What is very similar though to Burnley when you go up there,which I do quite often to play bowls,is the friendliness.They do not speak Welsh in the valleys apart from Swansea Valley but the difference between the bowls clubs in and around Cardiff and the valleys is very noticeable.Around here the women no longer serve teas,equality rules but in the valleys they do and they do it because they love it,they all have a good natter and the men have enormous respect for them.Look up Treorchy,it has just been voted the best High Street in Britain and deservedly so.There is not a lot of money up there but their generosity is very much appreciated.

The only major difference is that they are Rugby mad and not football mad but other than that they remind me a lot of Lancashire Mill towns.

No-one seems to appreciate tongue-in-cheek anymore barrie.

You'd love it up the Rhondda BT,Conservative voters are limited to 50 square yards in the backstreets of Tonyrefail.

BT: I am not taking it straight out of the horses mouth so to speak. But when you have not had one audition to be a stand up comedian I get worried. In life we must grab that opportunity! Just think you with all that dosh,can take the child bride boating,down Windsor to meet real people! As a natural comedian, you intend it to be understood as a joke, although you might appear to be serious. So how to deal with your posts? I take a dice ,and throw the dice,depending of the number I see I respond.( 6 heavy - 1 casual ,light).

But I think sometimes like now your not getting to much orders from the child bride,how do I know, its peaceful?.....You have left the Pally's behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Thanks Sinkov, I had heard some of what you said in your post # 15, but it sounded like 59 had a great handle on it and some/we on here did not understand, I just wanted it from someone who claims he knows.
    Like you Alto I have asked 59 if he is aware of, and supports, the aims and policies of the organisation behind the slogan. As far as I'm aware, so far there has been no response. I am in agreement with 59 that Black Lives Matter, in fact I have yet to come across anyone who disagrees, the premise is not in dispute, but the organisation hiding behind the slogan needs some serious scrutiny, which it is not getting at the moment. Perhaps with the help of our good friend 59/60, we could address that deficiency on this msgboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    BT: I am not taking it straight out of the horses mouth so to speak. But when you have not had one audition to be a stand up comedian I get worried. In life we must grab that opportunity! Just think you with all that dosh,can take the child bride boating,down Windsor to meet real people! As a natural comedian, you intend it to be understood as a joke, although you might appear to be serious. So how to deal with your posts? I take a dice ,and throw the dice,depending of the number I see I respond.( 6 heavy - 1 casual ,light).

But I think sometimes like now your not getting to much orders from the child bride,how do I know, its peaceful?.....You have left the Pally's behind.
    I'm pragmatic Balan. No fixed agenda, I try to empathise and call out wrongs whenever and wherever I see them. One day soon someone will shoot me stone dead. Of that I have no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    One day soon someone will shoot me stone dead. Of that I have no doubt.
    Don't be so bloody pessimistic BT, they might just wing you.

I have worked in both North & South Wales.
    For most part the Welsh people are very friendly and welcoming, the exception has to be Ynys Mon (Anglesey) this is the only place I found them to be very standoffish. Several years ago I went into a shop on the island with my grandson who wanted some sweets. On entering the shop there were two ladies speaking to each other in English, but has soon as we entered into the shop they changed to talking in Welsh. He got his sweets and as we left the shop the look on these ladies faces was a picture was we told them to have a lovely day but spoke in Welsh. They were not to know I went to school in Wales they only responded to my Lancashire accent.
    Despite the comments on the Cardiff City forum I suspect there supporters would like their club to be in the same position as Burnley FC, going for yet another season in the Premier League.

BT: oh oh oh! ''[ I'm pragmatic Balan. ] If you were you would get on u r bike and coast down to the Gaza border and see whats going on ,instead if looking at Middle Eastern Eye , Electronic Intifada or any Pallywood newspapers !

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)