+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Richard Offiong

Richard Offiong

Arguably the worst player in our history, he's signed for Durham City, same league as Celtic Nation. They play at Gilford Park on Saturday. - view external link

re: Richard Offiong

Maybe he was one of our worst ever signings, or (and heres a little bit of controversy) was he yet another player wasted by being played in completely the wrong role?
    I remember him starting up top on his own in a JPT game v. Crewe. This role was totally alien to him and he had a complete nightmare.
    He was hauled off early in the 2nd half and we immediately went to 4~4~2 (which would have suited Offing much better) It was almost as If Abbott wanted to hang him out to dry that night!
    As with several others (ie Bedford & Miller) maybe they all require strike partners?
    Maybe, just maybe, its the system that is wrong and not the players?
    I realise in Offiongs case, this is a long shot, but we do seem to have an unhappy knack of making half decent players, look absolute dross!!

Certainly Beckford had a hard task, coming in on loan and getting lumped up front on his own, yet another player deemed not good enough by our expert supporters, didn't do too bad when he left us.
    And I admire the way he never celebrated his goals even after getting grief of our expert supporters,i would have ran along the length of the paddock with my fingers up.

It was a bit strange when he scored against us for Leeds and he didn't celebrate even though he had only been on loan to us for only a month.
    I saw him score for Bolton against Leicester (another former club) a couple of weeks ago and he didn't hold back the celebrations then.

It will be interesting to see how Offiong fares against Murphy, if Offiong bags loads of goals then we were wrong to let him go and right to let Murphy go, if Murphy has him in his pocket the whole game (which I recokon will happen) then no way we should have let him go

"I realise in Offiongs case, this is a long shot, but we do seem to have an unhappy knack of making half decent players, look absolute dross!!"

Aye's he's really set the world a light since he left!

Didn't Olivier Bernard (Ex-Barcode) buy Durham City a few weeks back?

Offiong, Cadamatri, Edward's 3 wonder signings made by Russ. Last I heard of Offiong he was sweeping South Shield's metro station...

Nobby, my post was highlighting the possibility that Offiong among quite a few others MAY have been used incorrectly during their time at the club.
    What Offiong career has done since he left B.P. is of no consequence to me.
    I just feel decent money went out of the club and the asset was improperly used.

He looked on paper a good signing though, goal every other game playing for Hamilton in the SPL. And yet so spectacularly bad, released by Gateshead. Wonder why he went so wrong, didn'the go to study law?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)