+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirchner signs on

We need a striker..... I keep hearing. I disagree. We need more than that. I'm against this lone striker lark. Strikers hunt in pairs.

From the 70s

Hector and O'Hare
    Jones and Clarke

Today
    Kane and Son

In between the 2 eras lots of pairs. Liverpool play with 3. Mane, Salah and either Jota or Firminho.

At Derby we have 2 prospects. Stretton and Cybulski. They need time to develop. Alongside those 2 we need 2 experienced front men. Forwards, not glorified wingers or midfielders.

Let's play with 2 or 3 forwards...... proper football.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    We need a striker..... I keep hearing. I disagree. We need more than that. I'm against this lone striker lark. Strikers hunt in pairs.

From the 70s

Hector and O'Hare
    Jones and Clarke

Today
    Kane and Son

In between the 2 eras lots of pairs. Liverpool play with 3. Mane, Salah and either Jota or Firminho.

At Derby we have 2 prospects. Stretton and Cybulski. They need time to develop. Alongside those 2 we need 2 experienced front men. Forwards, not glorified wingers or midfielders.

Not sure about your average league 1 club but in higher league football the out and out striker is becoming a rare player, so yes we will most likely have 2 or 3 forwards but they wont be playing as strikers, but all round players creating and scoring goals.

We need a instriker..... I keep hearing. I disagree. We need more than that. I'm against this lone striker lark. Strikers hunt in pairs.

From the 70s

Hector and O'Hare
    Jones and Clarke

Today
    Kane and Son

Let's go back to the old fashioned 2-3-5 lineup. (Oops 1-2-3-5 I mean). Win every game 5-4....

Will we have the readies to buy 1 striker, 2 mmmm??

I completely get the caution surrounding the ground situation and that pessimism has become something of a default position for all of us in recent years, but as regards having the where with all to strengthen the squad...surely Kirchner wouldn’t have ‘bought into’ us and Rooney wouldn’t want to remain with us if they didn’t recognise the potential at Derby and have a plan to make us a realistic contender for promotion back to the Championship next season.
    I know Kirchner can’t be expected to share the emotional involvement that most of us have...but he is a successful businessman so what would be the point of him buying a club/business that he expects to fail through lack of signings/investment?

I thought MM was a successful business man as well.
    so what would be the point of him buying a club/business that he expects to fail through lack of signings/investment?

Deja Vu?

My guesstimate is that we will rely heavily on Moor Farm products and free agents. Remember, we don't know yet what sanctions the EFL will lay on us next year. Even if we are allowed to pay loan/transfer fees, I don't see them being big ones. I expect a wages cap as well.

If we may and do spend more that would be a bonus.

Yes, I agree with MA. If we get through all this **** and start playing in the 3rd division without points penalty, there still wont be a level playing field as we will be operating under an EFL agreed business plan which is unlikely to allow much spending on transfers beyond any initial investment by ownership. I see next year as being, at best, a year of mid table consolidation and perhaps a challenge for promotion in the second season if all goes well.

Simply because we are an historically "big club" doesn't mean jack in the 3rd division - just ask Sunderland or Portsmouth, traditionally top flight clubs who got stuck there for several years recently. Hope your are right rA, but I dont think its going to be a cakewalk

My guesstimate is that we will rely heavily on Moor Farm products and free agents. Remember, we don't know yet what sanctions the EFL will lay on us next year. Even if we are allowed to pay loan/transfer fees, I don't see them being big ones. I expect a wages cap as well.

If we may and do spend more that would be a bonus.

Why are you expecting the EFL to lay further sanctions on us MA? Once a new owner buys the club and we are free of administration, then provided that buy out is in line with the EFL requirements there are no further sanctions.

The only curb I am aware of, unless you know better, is that CK has had to get the EFL to approve business plan going forward which demonstrates how the club's finances will be managed in order to comply with the FFP rules.

There was a salary cap introduced for league 1, but that was removed so that isn't an issue.

So unless there is some obscure ruling your aware of, there is no issue about salary, loan or transfer fees, as long as expenditure and income are within EFL FFP rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Yes, I agree with MA. If we get through all this **** and start playing in the 3rd division without points penalty, there still wont be a level playing field as we will be operating under an EFL agreed business plan which is unlikely to allow much spending on transfers beyond any initial investment by ownership. I see next year as being, at best, a year of mid table consolidation and perhaps a challenge for promotion in the second season if all goes well.

Simply because we are an historically "big club" doesn't mean jack in the 3rd division - just ask Sunderland or Portsmouth, traditionally top flight clubs who got stuck there for several years recently. Hope your are right rA, but I dont think its going to be a cakewalk
    My understanding, unless someone can provide evidence otherwise, that the EFL business plan that has to be approved, is purely to demonstrate that the new owner has a plan for running the clubs finances in compliance with the FFP rules going forward.

It isn't a stick to beat Derby over the head with in league 1, its purely a document which the EFL can go back to Derby with and say you did not comply with FFP rules as set out in the BP. Its a way of ensuring that if there is any repeat the EFL can quickly prove it and take action.

That does beg the question why they don't require all clubs to do that for say each 3 year period of the FFP rules, rather than just set the limits and then judge whether or not they have complied based on their accounts. But I guess that would require a lot of work, as against retrospective checking of accounts?

In which case, the only issue would be those clubs currently not in compliance with FFP rules, who can spend more until they are found out or go bust!!

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)