+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Level 0 in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Shouldn’t be wasting public money on golf anyway 😊

Piss sport for posh chaps
    Largest participation sport played by working class in Scotland in the over 35 age group.

Golf online survey

Most people find it difficult as they don't have good eye to ball coordination.

Most who were good at soccer are decent at golf......just saying.😎

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Largest participation sport played by working class in Scotland in the over 35 age group.

Golf online survey

Most who were good at soccer are decent at golf......just saying.😎
    Surely if its that popular there wud have been outcry about closing down courses.
    Nobody really bothered imo.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Surely if its that popular there wud have been outcry about closing down courses.
    😂

Golf online survey

Most who were good at soccer are decent at golf......just saying.��
    Working class? Like you? Thought you voted Tory? Surely no working class person votes Tory?

Or is golf indeed a game played only by retirees and those with enough spare cash to do it rather than the typical working class person who struggles to survive under Tory government austerity?

I can just about afford to play golf but it's so bloody boring and pointless I just can't bring myself to do it. When I go for a walk it's with an objective in mind, not chasing a stupid ball that I've rattled with a bat then when I catch up with it gets rattled again with a different bat.

Nobody cares about Camperdown golf course - waste of public funds.

😂
    Mair fowk wanted to save Jeremy the bear fae being put down.
    True story.

Eric did you take a year out, the closing of campy was never out the news, council has taking away a facility which was first class and against the public wishes, members of the course actually put forward alternatives at no cost to the council, they ignored everyone, which seems to be SNP policy, they now seemed to have backed tracked, I wouldn’t be surprised if brown envelopes changed hands, they have taken away a facility that could attract tourists, again doing the city no favours, and I can’t stand golf

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Working class? Like you? Thought you voted Tory? Surely no working class person votes Tory?

Or is golf indeed a game played only by retirees and those with enough spare cash to do it rather than the typical working class person who struggles to survive under Tory government austerity?

I can just about afford to play golf but it's so bloody boring and pointless I just can't bring myself to do it. When I go for a walk it's with an objective in mind, not chasing a stupid ball that I've rattled with a bat then when I catch up with it gets rattled again with a different bat.

Nobody cares about Camperdown golf course - waste of public funds.
    I'm benefit class😎.......no working class.

I've voted conservative and unionist twice.......but I consider myself to be socially conservative.

Golf is around £2.30 per round for me, cheaper than a walk and an ice cream.

I don't chase the ball, I put the ball where I want it to be then walk after it, then repeat.

Forget how many signed the petition but it was a guid few thousand.

Mair fowk wanted to save Jeremy the bear fae being put down.
    True story.
    Golf is a bear necessity of life.

I'm benefit class��.......no working class.

I've voted conservative and unionist twice.......but I consider myself to be socially conservative.

Golf is around £2.30 per round for me, cheaper than a walk and an ice cream.

I don't chase the ball, I put the ball where I want it to be then walk after it, then repeat.

Forget how many signed the petition but it was a guid few thousand.
    Others benefit from my class

Socially Conservative - OK

£2.30 is a lot of money to someone on a low wage like mine

That sort of cockiness will serve you well

As you know I like percentages, I need to know the population of the city of Dundee - I then need to know how many petition signers live in Dundee - I can then see what percentage of Dundonians cared enough about Camperdown golf course to sign a petition. I'm willing to bet it's less than 5%.

Anyway all this petition stuff - is this DAB Mad?

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Eric did you take a year out, the closing of campy was never out the news, council has taking away a facility which was first class and against the public wishes, members of the course actually put forward alternatives at no cost to the council, they ignored everyone, which seems to be SNP policy, they now seemed to have backed tracked, I wouldn’t be surprised if brown envelopes changed hands, they have taken away a facility that could attract tourists, again doing the city no favours, and I can’t stand golf
    Can remember reading it wasn't financially viable and a few members no happy but no the level you are talking. Read the news online every day so wuda remembered.
    Worked there over 30 years ago, nice course but honestly didn't think it was that busy.
    Cud be wrong tho.
    Jeremy was more popular tho.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)