+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Mickey Mellon

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Why would they be raging? They beat their nearest rivals and 2nd best team in the country. We were playing Forfar.
    And we both moved on to last eight can only beat teams we are drawn against.Could be worse could have got beat be brora rangers rather than have beat forfar and partick.We are just not that good that we are going to play great every game I will always think winning comes before performance especially in cups will take getting played of the park if we win cup rather than playing teams of park and losing cup to be honest must admit watching these matchs has not been much fun only the result keeping me happy if we had lost either I would be moaning also.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    And we both moved on to last eight can only beat teams we are drawn against.Could be worse could have got beat be brora rangers rather than have beat forfar and partick.We are just not that good that we are going to play great every game I will always think winning comes before performance especially in cups will take getting played of the park if we win cup rather than playing teams of park and losing cup to be honest must admit watching these matchs has not been much fun only the result keeping me happy if we had lost either I would be moaning also.
    I'd take that as well mate, trust me. I just thought we'd maybe get a chance to see a better performing Utd since we were playing lower league opposition. If anything, we were worse. Both times. It was so f*cking disappointing.

I genuinely think we could have put out any team against Forfar and we'd have scrapped a result Friday, they are that poor (fair play they put up a decent show). Melon has done decent this season, I hope he is here next season, as we could do without disruption and he deserves the opportunity to put his stamp on the side, but don't have an issue with fans complaining about the display Friday, that was rank.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I'd take that as well mate, trust me. I just thought we'd maybe get a chance to see a better performing Utd since we were playing lower league opposition. If anything, we were worse. Both times. It was so f*cking disappointing.
    To be honest I was really pissed off watching both these games but a win few beers and a calm down and I am just glad we are still in cup.I am really happy with where we are in league and a cup run a bonus although not been a great season to watch.Hoping we are more entertaining next season but just happy with results this year.Really hoping the news about MM leaving is false and he can bring in another few like edwards and fuches get rid of mcnulty and bolton and a few others and hopefully some of young guys get more of a chance next season also.

On Sunday a poster on here said he heard from a good source that Micky is away at the end of the season.I have heard today that it is down to nepotism.
    To anyone wondering what i'm on about its all to do with the manager being asked to take on a coach who is a family member of someone in a powerful position at the club.
    He has refused to do this and his relationship has broken down with this member of staff and he is indeed leaving.

If this is true then MM would be right to go. How can he (or any other Manager) tolerate a situation whereby player acquisition and coaching staff selection are taken out of his hands?
    It makes me wonder if actual team selection is done in a similar way.
    I wonder who actually picked last night's team against Killie.
    If this was taken out of his hands then MM has been undermined.
    Not only would this situation make it difficult for him to stay but would hardly be an attractive proposition for any future Manager. Unless of course there is someone already at our Club whose career progression is already outlined to take in the Manager/Head Coach role.
    Against this background MM did a good job in keeping us up this season.

I obviously don't know for definite that this is true but i'm not making it up it is what i have heard.What Skol above has mentioned is also something i have heard.ie our possible future manager is already at the club.
    I hope this is all a load of nonsense,has anyone else heard anything about this?.

Guessing it's Adam Ashgar, who's been at the club over 2 years and has the coaching badges

This would be awful. Lets hope it's nonsense. How can we support a club that conducts business this way. Fan protest ahead if this is true.

The truth is I've heard lots of different rumours about 'why' but the one consistent is that Mellon is away in the summer.

I've heard McInnes has been spoken to, I've heard Stevie Frail is taking over with TA's son moving into first team, I've heard the lad Courts is taking over. So not all of these can be true, but it might be true that these are all options that TA is thinking about should MM leave.

Of those 3, the obvious choice is McInnes. He isn't ideal but if its a toss up between him and the other two options then phuck me bring him in. I guess we'll find out come the summer. I'm 50/50 on Mellon, he has done his job, but its been horrific to watch. Would it have been a better watch with anyone else in charge? We'll never know. One thing is for sure, we need to bring in 3 or 4 players of real quality this summer, and I hope, whoever the manager is, they are given the chance to do that.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)