+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup (2021-22)

So it's an uphill battle for the Highwaymen of Morpeth as they face a trip and a step up the divisional ladder to play the Minstermen of York City in the final preliminary round. Standing in their way of reaching the first round proper for the first time in their history is a team whose front line is lead by 37 year old Clayton Donaldson who has returned to York 16 years after starting out there and is still banging them in like he did at his peak with the likes of Brentford and Birmingham City. Managing York is Steve Watson who spent his playing career in the Premiership with top clubs like Newcastle, Villa, Everton and West Brom before ending his career at Sheffield Wednesday (where if we're being honest most careers end ).

They'll be rubbing in the liniment and putting on the shin pads on Saturday October 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    So it's an uphill battle for the Highwaymen of Morpeth as they face a trip and a step up the divisional ladder to play the Minstermen of York City in the final preliminary round. Standing in their way of reaching the first round proper for the first time in their history is a team whose front line is lead by 37 year old Clayton Donaldson who has returned to York 16 years after starting out there and is still banging them in like he did at his peak with the likes of Brentford and Birmingham City. Managing York is Steve Watson who spent his playing career in the Premiership with top clubs like Newcastle, Villa, Everton and West Brom before ending his career at Sheffield Wednesday (where if we're being honest most careers end ).

They'll be rubbing in the liniment and putting on the shin pads on Saturday October 16th.
    Looks like the CURSE will strike again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Looks like the CURSE will strike again.
    I guess it's only to be expected as in theory 'better' teams enter the competition every round. However, Hanley Town entered in the pre-preliminary round and have already won 5 games, drew 1-1 at home to Brackley Town on Saturday and face a replay tomorrow to win a home tie against Guisely. Unlikely, but if they make it to the 1st round proper they will have won 7 games to get there, that's more than we've won in the FA Cup in 20 years

Good luck Guisely, how strange it would be if we drew them with ours players loaned there

One for CAM, name the non league team that’s gone further than any other.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    One for CAM, name the non league team that’s gone further than any other.
    Assuming by 'gone further' you're not being cryptic and meaning travelled the furthest I know Lincoln got to the quarter finals not so long ago when they were still non-league. I'm not sure if anyone did better back in the 1800s when you was a lad

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Assuming by 'gone further' you're not being cryptic and meaning travelled the furthest I know Lincoln got to the quarter finals not so long ago when they were still non-league. I'm not sure if anyone did better back in the 1800s when you was a lad
    Yep & QPR in 1914.I wasn’t very old.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Good luck Guisely, how strange it would be if we drew them with ours players loaned there
    Hanley's run comes to an end with a 1-0 defeat at Brackley who will now play against our feeder team, Guisely

Draw for the first round proper 1pm Sunday on ITV

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Draw for the first round proper 1pm Sunday on ITV
    I don't think I'll be up at 5am to share in the excitement

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast