+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: O/T Would You Welcome Another Referendum On Brexit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    You are mistaken Kerr

I don't like you at all

With regard to the impact on the less well off, there's bugger all that you or I can do about it & that's the truth of the matter
    So you simply don't care about the fate of the less well off? And it's me that's at fault?

Perhaps you could urge your chum animal to use his influence as a Labour Party and Momentum member to urge the party to draw back from their intention to deliver a no deal Brexit by opposing any deal brought before Parliament by May?

I really have to do some work now and will log off to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    So you simply don't care about the fate of the less well off? And it's me that's at fault?

Perhaps you could urge your chum animal to use his influence as a Labour Party and Momentum member to urge the party to draw back from their intention to deliver a no deal Brexit by opposing any deal brought before Parliament by May?

I really have to do some work now and will log off to help you.

Your crocodile tears don't impress me one iota
    Let me give you an example of your caring nature [cough]
    On this board & Millers board there has been a thread about the unfortunate incident at Oakwell where a young man had a cardiac arrest & members on both boards expressed concern & good wishes to him & his family Well done Millers
    Not a word from you

I'm curious about exactly when the huge change in your worklife occurred given your comments earlier in the month. You can understand why an observer might that your views change merely to keep you in line with Labour policy (such as it is).

Exactly what Labour's policy is depends upon which faction of the party is speaking. I am pleased that you have abandoned the 'watching the opinion polls waiting to strike' nonsense and can see that the debate is being driven by the members in a vacuum created by the absence of leadership.

For the reasons set out earlier, I don't think you need worry about an early General Election.
    The company have experienced a down turn in sales and five good people are leaving the business , in other words redundency .

We've removed ourselves from plans to work a shift system that covered 7 days / 24 ,hours full time and there are no plans to go to this system for the xmas peak as we have done since anyone can ever remember .

When I enquired at a recent meeting with management about lowering our costs through procurement I was told this is extremely difficult because we adopt a robust ethical code with suppliers and outside the EU nobody can meet them , or if they do they can't supply the brand names we require .

At 56 years of age on very favourable terms this is most worrying at a company I find a joy to work for .

It's perhaps a good idea as a Labour Leader to listen to the membership as they have the capacity to elect you and get rid of you as well as drive policy .

I'm not in a party who has to worry about an election , that's more a concern for the government who are split and don't hold a majority on their own .

I described the result of the referendum as the ultimate own goal the following day. But wait, Labour have scored a scrappy goal and we could be saved from another miserable recession by a penalty shoot out.

Just to add a little balance to your view Duk
    self serving incompetent politicians are not confined to these isles in fact being governed by EU MP's is one of the reasons for the referendum result
    We are net contributors & don't forget we import far more than we export so the Germans,French , Italians & a few others have far more to to lose than we have
    It's no-ones fault than ours that migration from non EU is higher than from the EU & you can thank Maybots tenure as PM & her previous job for that
    Try looking at our holidays to all these countries like France Italy Spain Portugal Greece to see who will be more worried
    Will it be that bad that we spend our holidays in the UK we can always go to see the reason we have all these foreign visitors The Royal family
    Just to add balance like
    Thank you for the holiday advice , I don’t skip local culture and visit UK locations every year including London but I also like the different cultures you get from visiting European destinations not a Greggs and Poundland to be seen. Of course there may be some benefits, we will “take back control” , scrap working time directives, kick out unfair workers rights and empower good old Victorian bosses and values in the work place. Your counter arguments is a sprinkle of fairy dust attempting to counter balance a double decker bus advertising a Brexit bonanza. A big giant leap of faith playing Russian roulette (literally) with the status and stability we once enjoyed. We were the fastest growing economy in Europe before the day that will be looked back on in school history lessons in 50 years time as Britain’s Economic suicide day.

Your crocodile tears don't impress me one iota
    Let me give you an example of your caring nature [cough]
    On this board & Millers board there has been a thread about the unfortunate incident at Oakwell where a young man had a cardiac arrest & members on both boards expressed concern & good wishes to him & his family Well done Millers
    Not a word from you
    It’s pretty shameful of you to seek to weaponise what happened at Oakwell last Saturday, but given your desire to show how much you care, is there any reason why you didn’t contribute to the thread about Kevin Beattie last week? The poor chap only managed a couple of RIPs.

You operate in the weirdest moral framework I have ever come across if you judge people upon the basis of whether they contribute to threads about someone they do not know, have never met and probably never will meet. It’s positively bizarre.

Meaningless expressions of good wishes are something that I simply don't bother with. I don’t participate in the numerous celebrity RIP threads that appear on Miller’s Mad and resisted the urge to travel to Kensington Palace to lay flowers for Diana for the same reason. Perhaps you did?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The company have experienced a down turn in sales and five good people are leaving the business , in other words redundency .

We've removed ourselves from plans to work a shift system that covered 7 days / 24 ,hours full time and there are no plans to go to this system for the xmas peak as we have done since anyone can ever remember .

When I enquired at a recent meeting with management about lowering our costs through procurement I was told this is extremely difficult because we adopt a robust ethical code with suppliers and outside the EU nobody can meet them , or if they do they can't supply the brand names we require .

At 56 years of age on very favourable terms this is most worrying at a company I find a joy to work for .

It's perhaps a good idea as a Labour Leader to listen to the membership as they have the capacity to elect you and get rid of you as well as drive policy .

I'm not in a party who has to worry about an election , that's more a concern for the government who are split and don't hold a majority on their own .
    Ok. So let’s explore that. Are you saying that since your postings of 2nd and 16th September some people at your place of work have been given notice of redundancy and because of that you fear that you might have to pay the price of Brexit as opposed to someone else? On that basis, can I assume that your position prior to the redundancies was one of ‘I’m alright, Jack’ insofar as the consequences of Brexit were concerned?’

Your response to the redundancies is interesting too. You suggested sourcing goods from cheaper suppliers, which, as the modicum of imagination would have told you, meant sourcing from people who pay their staff less. Another example of ‘I’m alright, Jack’.

If Brexit is making you worry about your job, you must be bricking it about what would happen if Labour got into power and imposed the anti-business taxes they are proposing. There’s a reason why Labour governments have always left power with higher levels of unemployment than when they entered it.

If it’s a good idea as a Labour Leader to listen to the membership, why doesn’t Corbyn? The week started with a campaign by the Remainer membership for the party to adopt a policy of having a further in/out referendum. After a lengthy meeting with their TU masters, what the party actually gave them was a fudge of a motion to ‘leave all options on the table’ which might mean a further referendum, which might be an in/out one, depending upon whether you believe the McDonnell or Starmer factions.

Why wouldn’t you worry about going into General Election if you think it could ‘possibly the last thing the country needed right now’? You are not making sense on that point. I think you might also find large numbers of the people who supported the party in 2017 will rediscover their fondness for UKIP and the Tories in the aftermath of this week.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 26-09-2018 at 08:35 PM.

It’s pretty shameful of you to seek to weaponise what happened at Oakwell last Saturday, but given your desire to show how much you care, is there any reason why you didn’t contribute to the thread about Kevin Beattie last week? The poor chap only managed a couple of RIPs.

You operate in the weirdest moral framework I have ever come across if you judge people upon the basis of whether they contribute to threads about someone they do not know, have never met and probably never will meet. It’s positively bizarre.

Meaningless expressions of good wishes are something that I simply don't bother with. I don’t participate in the numerous celebrity RIP threads that appear on Miller’s Mad and resisted the urge to travel to Kensington Palace to lay flowers for Diana for the same reason. Perhaps you did?

Don't come with your usual trick of turning what is an obvious flaw in your character ie no sympathy no empathy

Dayna Mellanby: "Beneath that cold exterior beats a heart of pure stone."

It's little wonder that you chose the user name of Kerr Avon

So you had the urge to travel to Kensington Palace did you?

Like your alter ego you're just not normal as your post on this subject amply illustrates
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 27-09-2018 at 04:49 AM.

Don't come with your usual trick of turning what is an obvious flaw in your character ie no sympathy no empathy

Dayna Mellanby: "Beneath that cold exterior beats a heart of pure stone."

It's little wonder that you chose the user name of Kerr Avon

So you had the urge to travel to Kensington Palace did you?

Like your alter ego you're just not normal as your post on this subject amply illustrates
    Fun though it might be, we're going a bit off topic now, but I'm very curious about your post.

You suggest that I lack sympathy or empathy without producing any evidence to demonstrate that and yet it's you who steadfastly tried to ignore the potential impact of Brexit on the poorest in society and, when pressed, essentially said 'fuq em - there's nothing I can do'. And then you go on to weaponise what happened at Oakwell. That's pretty cold, Exile. In fact, it's positively callous.

How odd that you think it shameful of me when you accuse me of "weaponiising" about the unfortunate event at Oakwell then proceed to do exactly the same about Kevin Beattie [a thread that I missed btw]
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 27-09-2018 at 06:43 AM.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast