+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: Mellon gone and Hughes incoming

Watched about 2 minutes of it and turned it off. The part where he starts blowing his own trumpet about how well he did during the interview process was enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Watched about 2 minutes of it and turned it off. The part where he starts blowing his own trumpet about how well he did during the interview process was enough for me.
    I know what you mean but, in fairness, you really should watch it all. I agree though, it's quite a tough watch.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I know what you mean but, in fairness, you really should watch it all. I agree though, it's quite a tough watch.
    they are always a tough watch tbh. and there was no interview process really. This isnt like an interview for a real job if it was it would be like a sales job:

Q - whats your track record selling to tier 1 financial companies?
    A - i have 300 sales of pegs to local settlements. I am very experienced
    Q - Brilliant, another Licor Beirão senior?
    A - whats my player budget for next season
    Q - have another 3 Licor Beirão senior
    A - fvcking ace - i love you Tony

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Watched interview - it’s fair to say I don’t think David Tanner is going to get a gig on newsnight

A player whose only pro experience is really one season at east fife and one season at Cowdenbeath and then not making it at Livi - was compared during the interview to Steven Gerrard, Jim McLean, Brendan Rodgers and Sir Alex Ferguson

Ultimately we don’t know yet how good Thomas or Tam is going to turn out

I think we need to reserve judgment now on TA and TC.

We have been promoted under the ogrens.

TA has made some good signings such as Fuchs and Shankland

TA made a good appointment with Mellon. He obviously thinks TC has chance to succeed.

Time now to back the club and hope this works out

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    they are always a tough watch tbh. and there was no interview process really. This isnt like an interview for a real job if it was it would be like a sales job:

Q - whats your track record selling to tier 1 financial companies?
    A - i have 300 sales of pegs to local settlements. I am very experienced
    Q - Brilliant, another Licor Beirão senior?
    A - whats my player budget for next season
    Q - have another 3 Licor Beirão senior
    A - fvcking ace - i love you Tony
    I have the full transcript

TA Tam you're the new head coach
    TAM Pure dead brilliant when can I start
    TA in a couple of weeks
    TAM why not today
    TA we have to deal with the fan backlash first
    TAM ok. What's the salary
    TA Buttons, we've spent it all on mentors
    TAM Nae problem. Will Adam still be my number 2
    TA Not for now but as soon as possible
    TAM Fine
    TA here's David Tanner, he's got a list of questions and your answers beside them, try not to sound too techy
    TAM Perfect. I love you Tony 🧡

stolen from a defender at the club in full al queda disguise (east)

Looking at this list of our former managers, I cannot recall there ever being so much negativity and so little positivity about a managerial team appointment.

Usually the split in the support is something like 60% Excited, 30% Hopeful, 10% Disappointed.

At this point, we're at something like 5% Content, 45% Praying, 50% Raging.

This isn't sustainable. Tam Fox really, really need to burst out of the blocks.

thats the pressure Swiss Tony has put our next team under

At this point I'm 100% praying for another 10th or better finish, that's the height of it

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    At this point I'm 100% praying for another 10th or better finish, that's the height of it
    Low expectations which is maybe a good thing?

That is part of the problem though, some people have already subconsciously at least Made their minds up, so It wouldnt matter what he Said he’d Have got Canned. When melon Made his ‘we Are dundee united’ Play to the fans, they lapped it up, 2 months later It was being used against him. I thought he courts came across quite Well, but at End of day its all Down to results on the pitch.

If things don't work out he'll be be sacked like previous failures.

Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)