+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Burchnall parting message

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    What about other people's childish comments and obvious batting? Don't they count.
    If people can take the p!ss out of the players and managers past and present so freely , aren't we allowed to take the p!ss out out of the fans?*

* In a Notts Sense of course
    Just give it a rest, and grow up.

That's great you could of just said "yes, 10th = relegation" but you do it your way lol.

Until today I've never heard anyone use the phrase "Notts sense" until you did and I certainly haven't linked it to traditional league positions of champions, playoffs, top half, middle table, lower half, relegation zone. You know the ones football fans use.

The best part is the guy who claimed 5th was mid-table never qualified it as in a "Notts sense". Tut tut, if he had this would have all made sense. But he didn't lol
    It was hard work, but I'm glad I finally got through to you in the end. It's known as 'perspective', and it's really not a difficult concept to grasp. For example Man U finishing 6th would be a disaster for most of their fans, while Brentford fans would probably see 13th place as a good season.

# naiveorwhat?

You call it "clutching straws" which it is, call it "a stretch".

Lots of ridiculous comments made on here as highlighted by others, I just wanted to add in a few more that conveniently were ignored.
    Laddo,

I reckon you ought to do what I have done and give posting a long rest. I have only posted today because I have allowed myself to get wound up by some of the comments about Burchnall. You will have seen that I posted about the fine margins of a push in the back, but it is clear that only posting to agree with a certain point of view is acceptable.

I gave it a rest without reading for a couple of months,then limited it to occasional reading. There is one poster whose aim is to argue with you, with the backing of many others.

For your own well-being Laddo, give it a miss for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    'In a Notts sense' is something you would make up when clutching at straws.
    So are you proud that we finished above Dover?

Or would you have expected us to finish above Dover?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It was hard work, but I'm glad I finally got through to you in the end. It's known as 'perspective', and it's really not a difficult concept to grasp. For example Man U finishing 6th would be a disaster for most of their fans, while Brentford fans would probably see 13th place as a good season.

# naiveorwhat?
    Yes Man United finishing 6th is a disaster for them, and it will commonly be described as that. Yet I doubt many, if any, are calling it a mid-table finish or on your newly formed scale a whole lot worse!

What are Brentford fans calling 13th in your world " a Champions League spot"?

You are right perspective really is a an easy concept to grasp I've known about it and understood it for ages but trying to desperately attach it to traditional well known football league positions ' has been a comical stretch and that's being very kind.

A for effort chap but you may want to read the original post again before you jump in next time#friendlytip

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Burch's First 8 League games

Tue 30/Mar/2021 ALDERSHOT L 0-1
    Fri 02/Apr/2021 WREXHAM W 1-0
    Mon 05/Apr/2021 woking W 4-2
    Sat 10/Apr/2021 hartlepool united L 0-2
    Tue 13/Apr/2021 solihull moors L 1-2
    Sat 17/Apr/2021 EASTLEIGH L 0-1
    Sat 24/Apr/2021 torquay united D 2-2
    Tue 27/Apr/2021 eastleigh L 0-2

Dropped from 6th to 10th.
    Look at the goals conceded there, a snapshot of a problem we never adequately addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Burch's First 8 League games

Tue 30/Mar/2021 ALDERSHOT L 0-1
    Fri 02/Apr/2021 WREXHAM W 1-0
    Mon 05/Apr/2021 woking W 4-2
    Sat 10/Apr/2021 hartlepool united L 0-2
    Tue 13/Apr/2021 solihull moors L 1-2
    Sat 17/Apr/2021 EASTLEIGH L 0-1
    Sat 24/Apr/2021 torquay united D 2-2
    Tue 27/Apr/2021 eastleigh L 0-2

Dropped from 6th to 10th.
    Thanks UTM, I knew it didn't take him 8 games to win his first match. Although he did get very lucky in that win over Wrexham in his second game.

Yes Man United finishing 6th is a disaster for them, and it will commonly be described as that. Yet I doubt many, if any, are calling it a mid-table finish or on your newly formed scale a whole lot worse!

What are Brentford fans calling 13th in your world " a Champions League spot"?

You are right perspective really is a an easy concept to grasp I've known about it and understood it for ages but trying to desperately attach it to traditional well known football league positions ' has been a comical stretch and that's being very kind.

A for effort chap but you may want to read the original post again before you jump in next time#friendlytip
    You clearly agree with me that 10th place will be seen as good for some teams and bad for others in the same division.

So why did you try and mock the concept and end up looking stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I wish him the best of luck, no sour grapes from me.
    Same here.

There was plenty to like about Ian Burchnall as a man, and about the way his team played when they were at their best. The criticism for me is that he seemed too rigidly committed to one way of playing, and that at times it was asking too much of the players at his disposal. He left the impression (for me at least) that he was more concerned with implementing a very pure passing style of football than he was with getting promoted, which was why some fans got frustrated with him. Right now at Notts County, the brief should be to get us back into the Football League by whatever means work.

I think IB has taken on a very big job at Forest Green Rovers who (like Fleetwood Town) are probably close to ceiling of what they can achieve. His brief presumably will be to consolidate them in League One, so it will be interesting to see how he gets on.

It's a sad day for Notts, when a small club poaches your manager, sorry, head coach

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast