+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This weekend's other games.

This weekend's other games.

If we don't go down it'll be because of the failings of 3 other teams and not anything we've done ourselves. With Wilson out, who's going to score the goals for us? Not only that, who's going to create them or create the ability to get us up the pitch and keep hold of the ball? He's been involved in 67% of our Premier League goals this season and I could see us not winning a game until he's back.

So, with that in mind...

Burnley v West Brom. I think West Brom are gone but it's still not too late for a team to make a massive charge like Leicester did the season before they won the league (ffs!) so I think a draw would be a good result for us-keeps the Baggies at bay but also keeps Burnley in the mix-pressure does funny things to teams and we need as many teams as possible around us under the same pressure as us.

Fulham v Sheff Utd..has to be a Sheff Utd win. Fulham's goal difference is way better than ours so we don't want to be in the position where we swap places in 2 games time if they win both their games.

Brighton v Palace. Again, one of those where, even though a defeat for Palace would keep them within striking distance, Brighton are only a point ahead of us so a loss for them would work much better for us.

Obviously, we're getting nowt against Man U.

Thoughts?

I personally think that West Brom - great club, horrible manager - could create the surprise and stay up, although it's obviously looking bleak for them.

Even if they don't but Fulham do, I think we're first in line for the third relegation spot.

Without Wilson we have nothing to offer unless Carroll starts scoring goals again which seems highly unlikely.
    Edit obviously I rate the Saint and Miggy too, but I fear that without having a competent striker in front of them, they will have a hard time making a difference.

I do believe that we can get something against Man Utd, only because we are a mysteriously random team and they seeing a minor decline in form like they have done before.

It's only in the last couple of days that I've seriously started thinking that we are bound to go down. But that's what I believe we will do.

i think the only way we can get out of this is to sack Bruce. If we don't, we'll be in the bottom 3 by the time Wilson gets back and it'll be too late to get out.

I can't believe we're in this position AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    i think the only way we can get out of this is to sack Bruce. If we don't, we'll be in the bottom 3 by the time Wilson gets back and it'll be too late to get out.

You haven't got used to it then Zip?

I don’t necessarily see sacking Bruce as helping us at this stage in the season. Oh,and please,I want him gone,but,I want us to stay up and THEN sack him,as a show of intent,laugh,laugh. If we do sack him,who could we expect to take over,another,journeyman with nothing to lose? It’s a horrible situation be in yet AGAIN and totally undeserved! I just don’t know which way this will all go,but desperately hope we can stay up and then please god BE SOLD,GGRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

I can sadly. It was always going to happen with Bruce in charge.

I think you're probably sport on with your calls on results.

Any chance Sheff Utd will turn up tonight?

Not yet...playing like us-very little possession and when they do get it they **** it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I can sadly. It was always going to happen with Bruce in charge.

I think you're probably sport on with your calls on results.
    I said it donkey's years ago. Who replaces Sir Bobby Robson with Souness.

All these years on we learn by replacing Rafa Benitez with Bruce.

As an aside, a mate of mine who manages a Northern League Club told me Agnew applied for a job as Manager of another Northern League Club, and didn't get it.

Now he's assistant coach at our place.

Anyone got any newly painted walls I can watch dry ? & to think we are as bad as these two !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)