+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Killie - did somebody say just win !

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    Have to say, it looks like Fox has potentially played a blinder with the Levitt situation.

Agree about Anaku. Would have liked to see him up top with Fletcher or Watt for a while and see what he could do.

Great to be looking for cherries on top though!
    This is where I worry about Fox. He should be calling the captain over and getting instructions on not to play hopeful high balls for Anaku. He's a completely different player from Fletcher, developed with ball to feet. When he got that at Ibrox he looked like he could be a find, but we didn't get the chance to learn more tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Tam fox tangerine army

Honestly though, I think the uninspiring thing you go on about is a load of guff and anyone wanting a manager change is clueless... Not what we need again this season, So what if he seems uninspiring in interviews, it's meaningless

Clearly he's made a difference since he took over, we were still always gonna lose games but each one has been narrow with us in the game and the odd goal keeping howler not helping

Tonight was a big win though, I haven't lost belief but I know others have and this was needed to maybe reignite that in others, we need to be in this together and put aside the negative thoughts a bit (and the TA obsession some have) , we aren't going down imo but we aren't gonna get out of danger quickly either, I really don't think other teams like St Johnstone and Motherwell as I keep saying are any better at all

Shed rule

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    This is where I worry about Fox. He should be calling the captain over and getting instructions on not to play hopeful high balls for Anaku. He's a completely different player from Fletcher, developed with ball to feet. When he got that at Ibrox he looked like he could be a find, but we didn't get the chance to learn more tonight.
    Agree. We could have played to Anaku's strengths when he came on. In truth though we didn't have to play after the first 30 minutes or so. We managed the game in the second half. Never in danger, always in control but just didn't do much. Almost looked like we were embarrassed to score our 4th!

Only 10 points from 3rd. I am planning for Europe next season. Hope to see you all there!

According to the BBC we haven't won in daylight yet this season, all wins under the floodlights.

Not getting it with Djoum I'm afraid.

No idea what role he is meant to be playing. He obviously is no where near fit just now. Can't win a header, loses possession in nearly every tackle. Usually just gives the ball back immediately to the player who just gave him the ball.

Potential? yes. Currently ...nah... Sibbald, Archie , dare I mention it ? Harkes, will all do a better job just now.

Nout against the guy, but ..... why he has been thrown in straight away as a regular has totally baffled me. Plenty others deserve a shirt before him just now...
    Last edited by Yeats 62; 10-11-2022 at 12:19 AM.

According to the BBC we haven't won in daylight yet this season, all wins under the floodlights.
    Bodes Well for Saturday night then

Great result and performance, but we've been here before. We have to kick on this time or it means very little. Goalkeeper wasn't tested (still dont like the **** btw) so I still have the fear when he has work to do, I'm sure Saturday night will be a much bigger test. We could really do with getting the first goal against the SSB's to see how it affects their performance. Same team again, but with Sibbald back in for Djoum.

Next home game is Christmas Eve
    Ano mate. Got the cheap hospitality booked for that one. Well done tonight boys. What a difference it makes leaving tanny was smile your face. Even the wee man was buzzing. As someone says though we have a few cup final to play yet. 🧡🖤

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Not getting it with Djoum I'm afraid.

No idea what role he is meant to be playing. He obviously is no where near fit just now. Can't win a header, loses possession in nearly every tackle. Usually just gives the ball back immediately to the player who just gave him the ball.

Potential? yes. Currently ...nah... Sibbald, Archie , dare I mention it ? Harkes, will all do a better job just now.

Nout against the guy, but ..... why he has been thrown in straight away as a regular has totally baffled me. Plenty others deserve a shirt before him just now...
    I actually couldnt disagree more with you. One of the biggest reasons for last nights improvement was finally having someone do the easy stuff and pass it off and stay in the middle. He held the shape together, was constantly communicating with the other midfielders around him to position them, took niggly fouls before breaks happened and was happy not to wander off like every other midfielder we have which constantly makes us open. The sheer number of goals we have conceded this season due to having absolutely no-one in that position has been frightening

Was he good? Not really, he was clumsy, he didn't look match fit but he absolutely allowed the entire team around him to be better and only goes to show how important it is for us to find another like him in January.

Djoum was stinking last night, kept giving away needless fouls because hè was too slow. We absolutely need someone to play that sitting defensive mid role, but unless hè transforms over world cup dont see him fufilling that role. Surely we have Some youngsters suited to that position?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)