+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Guy's older than my dad ffs. Feel like the only reason so many Dons fans are going for this on social media is that they recognise the guy's face fae Match of the Day years back. Pretty focking sceptical about this een - hope he proves the doubters wrong like! COYR

[QUOTE=Redbull666;40442624 At least it's not a dull, unimaginative, obvious appointment. Might be entertaining, even if it is a bit of a car crash 😆[/QUOTE]

Actually believe it is unimaginative- same way as the media were pushing to get Lennon appointed this smacks of “this boy said we ignored him before, but we have a chance of getting him now- he is high profile so let’s get him for 3 months- that will appease our fans” type of thinking

Don’t believe he will get us relegated, but I do believe he has the character to unsettle some of our players. No problem with bench warmers like Morris, but guys like Polvara who is developing well, Jack Milne, McKenzie.then he ****s off at the end of the season with no care in the world with his pension topped up.
    I have never liked the guy but if appointed will give him a fair go but he has a bit to go to win me over
    However Cormack should know enough about succession planning by now FFS- signs were there 2 months ago that the job was too big for Robson but he has done **** all about it

I think he'll do well for us

Regardless of what you think of the man and his personality judge him on his results - which with teams in more difficult leagues than ours have been decent, especially when he's been brought in to do a 5 month last chance saloon. He's well respected in decent leagues and sites Sir Alex as a big influence.

According to his former players he is an excellent man-manager, which in a team shorn of confidence but with abundant talent is exactly what we need. He doesn't have a set formation and seems to base his tactics on the abilities of the squad - which sounds like basic common sense but Robson, Goodwin and probably Glass all failed to do. He appears to do well with players who've lost form.

Barry had ostracised some members of the team to the extent they were neither seen nor heard which will usually have a negative and divisive effect on the rest of the team - although we'll probably never know the full story re Vicente, Angus, Or etc

I don't have confidence in the FMB that they would have been able to quickly appoint the manager we're all looking for so I'd rather this situation 100% regardless of who the interim is - but I think we've got a better chance of a good end to the season with Warnock and it gives us the best chance of identifying the right long term manager

Keep Hope alive and Stand Free

Quote Originally Posted by KincorthDon View Post
    Actually believe it is unimaginative- same way as the media were pushing to get Lennon appointed this smacks of “this boy said we ignored him before, but we have a chance of getting him now- he is high profile so let’s get him for 3 months- that will appease our fans” type of thinking

Don’t believe he will get us relegated, but I do believe he has the character to unsettle some of our players. No problem with bench warmers like Morris, but guys like Polvara who is developing well, Jack Milne, McKenzie.then he ****s off at the end of the season with no care in the world with his pension topped up.
    I have never liked the guy but if appointed will give him a fair go but he has a bit to go to win me over
    However Cormack should know enough about succession planning by now FFS- signs were there 2 months ago that the job was too big for Robson but he has done **** all about it
    Yeah, I suppose it's obvious in the sense that he's fairly famous (or infamous) and had recently talked about being snubbed...but still quite surprised Cormack has allowed someone with such a big ego and larger than life persona into the club.

I’m with Ebbe. The man clearly has a long history of turning round worse teams than ours in better leagues.

I reckon it’s a good appointment to get us safely through to summer and into the top 6. At which point we put a far-sighted and genuinely exciting manager in place.

I hope I don’t eat my words…

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbe_stats View Post
    I think he'll do well for us

Regardless of what you think of the man and his personality judge him on his results - which with teams in more difficult leagues than ours have been decent, especially when he's been brought in to do a 5 month last chance saloon. He's well respected in decent leagues and sites Sir Alex as a big influence.

According to his former players he is an excellent man-manager, which in a team shorn of confidence but with abundant talent is exactly what we need. He doesn't have a set formation and seems to base his tactics on the abilities of the squad - which sounds like basic common sense but Robson, Goodwin and probably Glass all failed to do. He appears to do well with players who've lost form.

Barry had ostracised some members of the team to the extent they were neither seen nor heard which will usually have a negative and divisive effect on the rest of the team - although we'll probably never know the full story re Vicente, Angus, Or etc

I don't have confidence in the FMB that they would have been able to quickly appoint the manager we're all looking for so I'd rather this situation 100% regardless of who the interim is - but I think we've got a better chance of a good end to the season with Warnock and it gives us the best chance of identifying the right long term manager

Keep Hope alive and Stand Free
    Absolutely this Ebbe.

Got to laugh at some of the replies on here. Who do you think we’re capable of attracting chaps?

We’ve all moaned (rightly) about rookie managers. This guy has an extensive track record, & significant success especially in the lower leagues down south which are very similar in style and physicality to our league.

He knows what he’s doing. Ok he’s got an ego, so what, better than the tedious dull forelock tugging pish we’ve put up with for years.

It’s an interim appointment. Given where we are right now and what we need, I’m absolutely fine with it…

We should be able to attract a manager that isn’t 75 years old for starters.

He has had a decent career but that was a long time ago. He shouldn’t still be managing at his age but like Hodgson he can’t let it go.

If he comes in and gets us up to 4th Cormack will end up giving him a 2 year contract.

If he’s coming in then good luck to him but I can’t see it working.

Ultimately none of us know how this will end up, but we are in this situation because Cormack or the board didn’t have the gumption to start succession planning when things were starting to go wrong.
    Some will say Robson was the wrong appointment but he deserved his chance. Taking someone experienced in above him to guide him through the first 2 years would have been sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    We should be able to attract a manager that isn’t 75 years old for starters.

He has had a decent career but that was a long time ago. He shouldn’t still be managing at his age but like Hodgson he can’t let it go.

If he comes in and gets us up to 4th Cormack will end up giving him a 2 year contract.

If he’s coming in then good luck to him but I can’t see it working.
    Can’t see what his age has got to do with anything. It’s nae like he’s Joe Biden doddering about the place stinking of piss or something.

Clearly the club can’t see the long term solution out there immediately, so short term we go for someone with excellent experience, a personality, a strong track record of turning clubs around in our situation and of being a good man manager as well as someone who’s not likely to bow and scrape to the big boys and authorities.

I really don’t know what more we can genuinely expect - or get - in our current situation right now…

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Can’t see what his age has got to do with anything. It’s nae like he’s Joe Biden doddering about the place stinking of piss or something.

Clearly the club can’t see the long term solution out there immediately, so short term we go for someone with excellent experience, a personality, a strong track record of turning clubs around in our situation and of being a good man manager as well as someone who’s not likely to bow and scrape to the big boys and authorities.

I really don’t know what more we can genuinely expect - or get - in our current situation right now…
    Have you not been moaning for months about Robson playing hoofball?

What do you think a dinosaur like Warnock is going to do.

The club should have had a plan in place to replace Robson like every other club seems to have when they sack a manager.As like last season they sleep walk into a situation where they have to sack a manager and have no idea who to appoint.

What were they doing for the 3 months Robson was interim manager last season?

Surely they had a short list of managers back then and some of them are still available.

Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast