+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Tin helmet's anyone?

First of all, now BT, you have to pay great respects to me ,you are an Accrington lad ,right? Being from Rishton ,my school came under Accrington Schoolboys, and 3 of us played for Accy S. In short we put your schoolboys on the map in 1957 we won the Kay Cup, beating Clitheroe, Burnley, ( the rest I can not remember) Later we played in the English schoolboys, at Salford and Horwich, but defeated by Salford, So Kay cup winners 1957 Accrington.

https://www.lancashireschoolsfa.org....p?page=history

( The Fifties - Lancashire had never had it so good (the thirties apart)

Winners were: 1951 Blackburn
    1952 Blackburn
    1953 Blackburn
    1954 Nelson & Colne
    1955 Blackburn
    1956 Blackburn
    1957 Accrington
    1958 Clitheroe
    1959 Burnley :-) ;-)

Ah history!
    Also electronicintifada has history
    https://electronicintifada.net/conte...a-economy/6444

If you see the photo, it reads ''An Israeli soldier looms over Palestinian farmers as they are forced to destroy their produce due to Karni closing, February 2006. (Wasem Saleh/MaanImages)

Well, that's terrible! But sadly more propaganda
    In the photo that is not an Israeli soldier, it is not an Israeli uniform ,(possibly Army and Navy stores?) The material, the cloth are different fabrics. Also he is holding a kalachnikov AK-47,at that time we had standard issue M -16's
    You could also add a soldier would not operate alone, in the Gaza strip!!! It would be a convoy jeeps etc. Then look how the woman in the distance walks so calmly believe me if there were soldiers there she would be screaming at the top of her voice. Just PROPAGANDA BT and you fall for this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Ah history!
    Also electronicintifada has history
    https://electronicintifada.net/conte...a-economy/6444

If you see the photo, it reads ''An Israeli soldier looms over Palestinian farmers as they are forced to destroy their produce due to Karni closing, February 2006. (Wasem Saleh/MaanImages)

Well, that's terrible! But sadly more propaganda
    In the photo that is not an Israeli soldier, it is not an Israeli uniform ,(possibly Army and Navy stores?) The material, the cloth are different fabrics. Also he is holding a kalachnikov AK-47,at that time we had standard issue M -16's
    You could also add a soldier would not operate alone, in the Gaza strip!!! It would be a convoy jeeps etc. Then look how the woman in the distance walks so calmly believe me if there were soldiers there she would be screaming at the top of her voice. Just PROPAGANDA BT and you fall for this stuff.
    I suppose these b@stards bought their kit from the Army and Navy stores too Balan?

Attachment 20515

Its a pity Palestinian propaganda again. Does it look like he can not breath? Does he look so terrified that he can not breath and that he is a few seconds away from death? The soldiers leg is on his jaw! Maybe he should be saying ''I can't chew?'' The soldiers knee does not block his windpipe! Be careful BT, study your photo's before posting.

Just because this 'knee on the throat' as we all saw what happened in the States. It's not necessarily happening here too! ) I think those police in the States need to learn from us ?

sinkov This person writes , ''Not football etc but hope it's ok - does anyone know if the Nat West in Clitheroe is still open ? So many branches have closed - I live in France hence the question.'' David Powley

It would be funny if I told him the answer being in the Middle east :-)

sinkov This person writes , ''Not football etc but hope it's ok - does anyone know if the Nat West in Clitheroe is still open ? So many branches have closed - I live in France hence the question.'' David Powley
    Sorry Balan, only just seen this, yes it's still open.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No need for any agreement BT, I have little interest in Becky, it's highly unlikely I will mention her again, she holds little interest for me.
    Sorry BT, I have to hold my hand up, it seems I have under-estimated our Becky, she is one of the very few Lefties with enough about her to vote against the shameful attempt to introduce vaccine passports into what was once a free country. Also voting against were Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbott, strange who your bedfellows sometimes turn out to be.

All is forgiven, from now on I will not hear a word against the lass.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Sorry Balan, only just seen this, yes it's still open.
    Blimey, I worked there for a short time back in 1965!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Blimey, I worked there for a short time back in 1965!
    We nearly bumped into each other again Sub, I was a relief clerk on British Rail, and worked on and off at Clitheroe Railway Station in 63 and 64.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)