+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Port Vale Post Match Thoughts

Sadlier could maybe offer another club a better service that suits his needs and style of play.

The unfortunate situation he finds himself in, is that his style does not suit our current set up. As a pointer, he can hit a ball and cross far better than Chio but they have different attributes to their game and, Chio favours our wing play attack.

Maybe Sadlier could be better off at another club and I don't mean that in a bad way towards him.

Having said that, I can't see Warne letting him go unless a silly offer comes in for him or he requests to go come January.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    JJ doing well but can never see him scoring for the life of me. Ram those ill chosen words down my gullet JJ. I'd love you for it.
    Agree with this. A goal would give him so much confidence. I don't believe he believes he will score.

Also agree with others about Sadlier, put in some great balls tonight. Unfortunately Grigg and JJ had no understanding at all and often made the same run which meant a wasted ball.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Agree with this. A goal would give him so much confidence. I don't believe he believes he will score.

Also agree with others about Sadlier, put in some great balls tonight. Unfortunately Grigg and JJ had no understanding at all and often made the same run which meant a wasted ball.
    I'll say it now, there are forwards out there better than Grigg. I thought we were getting a good signing but he's not impressed me so far. A poor mans Alfie by comparison. Offered very little tonight. Let's hope he ain't one of Warne' signing mistakes come January.

JJ needs to go back out in January to bulk up and get more game time to better himself.
    Last edited by Brin; 30-11-2021 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Do we get another home draw because we won at home or is it home/away in the draw? How's this next stage work?
    Don't reckon they're entitled to a home draw because we won, stand to be corrected on that though.
    Next round is still regionalised, so take your pick of the northern teams.
    After the next round IF we progress we can be drawn against Northern or Southern teams.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Don't reckon they're entitled to a home draw because we won, stand to be corrected on that though.
    Next round is still regionalised, so take your pick of the northern teams.
    After the next round IF we progress we can be drawn against Northern or Southern teams.
    Didn't think the next round was that generous so, it could be Weds home/away.....nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I'll say it now, there are forwards out there better than Grigg. I thought we were getting a good signing but he's not impressed me so far. A poor mans Alfie by comparison. Offered very little tonight. Let's hope he ain't one of Warne' signing mistakes come January.

JJ needs to go back out in January to bulk up and get more game time to better himself.
    Undoubtedly. League 1 I'm happy with him in the main. If we are good enough to go up again then I'd have some pretty big reservations about his ability to cut it in the Championship. If he scores 10-15 goals this season, which I think he is projected to get given his current return, then that would be a successful spell all in all. Ladapo to get the same and Smudge 25+ then we are laughing with others chipping in here and there. He does have very good movement and IMO you can see that added bit of quality in the small parts of the game but he lacks a bit of burst in the final third. I did expect a few more poacher's goals but he is far from a disaster like the loan signing striker last season. 5 in 14? It's okay. Definitely not an Alfie but not many are.

Agree about JJ but we need that depth just in case and depending on what comps we are still in. Ideal world I would send him out too.

No it’s an unseeded draw but will be regionalised. If we get through that, the last 16 is National so it is possible 2 North (or two South) teams could reach the final.

I’ve attached a link for you Brin. I don’t know at this point when the draw is for the next round but I understand they will be played first week in January.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sky...22-competition
    Last edited by Nardendee; 01-12-2021 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    No it’s an unseeded draw but will be regionalised. If we get through that, the last 16 is National so it is possible 2 North (or two South) teams could reach the final.

I’ve attached a link for you Brin. I don’t know at this point when the draw is for the next round.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sky...22-competition
    Cheers Pal 👍

Beckham couldn't beat a man but his final ball in crossing was world class. Playing Sadlier on the right he needs ball played into him where he can cross play ball in 1st time he's shown he can find a man from that.

It’s funny that Sadlier getting criticism is him been singled out.
    He’s got so much ability and yes he can cross.
    He’s too much of a show pony for me. Often gets caught in possession and one too many step overs.
    Agree about Grigg he hasn’t really shown anything.
    Oddofin looks quality though.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast