+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bastids 1 Clarets 2

Bastids 1 Clarets 2

Well Well Well...We went and did it .. The monkey is off our back..Im getting p)ssed as we speak..well done Dyches claret and blue army..

re: Bastids 1 Clarets 2

Great comeback Alf, we made hard work of it though with them hitting the post and one cleared off the line when they was 1-0 up.

Pleased Dyche made the changes early also.

Watched it in the Bromley Sports Bar again, without my friend the Hammers fan in sight, although plenty of Charlton fans watching their cup game in yarkshur.

Relish every sip of your grog Alf

'Watched it in the Bromley Sports Bar again, without my friend the Hammers fan in sight'

I bet you would have had your own hammer in mind if he had been there Alto

Great result

1st win since 1979 must make it very special and on their own turf too

Wonder how Dan is coping? Surely he wont begrudge you

Dan, along with most other 'decent' posters on Roversmad don't begrudge us that win. Having said that, if we wouldn't have won...this 35yrs crap would have been spouted out from now until whenever we play again. That being the ironic thing, if we get promoted it'll be even longer...anyway it's 4 years and counting

Good ol Danny Boy

What is this 4 years?

4 years since they've beaten us now...we had this 35 years crap rammed down our throats. Rolls reversed

Quote Originally Posted by paderbornclaret
    4 years since they've beaten us now...we had this 35 years crap rammed down our throats. Rolls reversed
    Ahhhh lol

Well done Burnley, you just keep on winning and there is now a decent gap between yourselves and Derby so promotion is looking more and more likely! It must have been sweet to get 3 points at Ewood and finally get that monkey off your back? I hope Dyche sticks with you next season and doesn't do a Coyle.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959

Wonder how Dan is coping? Surely he wont begrudge you
    I'm having some counselling Gaz, so hopefully I should be OK in a year or two.

No, I don't begrudge the win. I was there and saw Gary Bowyer commit football suicide when we were already clearly flagging by replacing our only hope of rallying the players on the pitch with a guy he had signed 24 hours earlier and who had never played with the rest on the pitch, whilst leaving a player on, (Varney) who had clearly run out of all reserves of energy. This led to us being even worse at a crucial time where Burnley were coming back into ascendancy and our players paniced and gave a away a needless free kick, failed to deal with it and Burnley were back in the game. Then shortly after any one of five could have made a clearance if they had any heart or passion. But they opted to ball watch, allowing players with heart and passion to get to the ball 1st and eventually score another. Ga

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast