+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tony Stewart is a class act

I’ve mentioned previously that TS will be hurting like we do, yes I saw him applaud the team

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Warne has he flaws as a manager but he makes up for it been a good bloke 100 times over. As for Mr Stewart again we are blessed to have him as a chairman imagine that clown at Hillsborough been in charge . To be honest i think the strikers let him down over the past few games you can only pick what you have and you need them to convert the chances they had. Many game this season and more so the last 10 or so we have missed guilt edge chances to win or secure the points yesterday at Huddersfield and Barnsley especially . If those goals go in we are safe and its a different outcome .As for Warne been here next year i cannot make my mind up .
    Spot on with the striker issue letting both Stewart, Warne and more importantly, themselves down.

It’s not just the strikers though. A lot of players have missed open nets, put it down the side when all it wanted was a straight tap in. Near post headers, penalties, they are all responsible for our relegation not just the managers fault.

Tony Stewart, in a word our saviour. It’s down to him now though to reflect on his sole actions and what might have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    to speculate is to gamble that’s true. How much money will be lost next season in sky tv money, gate revenue, sponsorship revenue by not going that extra mile. We were so close this season and the last time we were in the championship in retaining our place. The same thing happened in that the chairman didn’t back the manager sufficiently.like everyone else I’m thankful that he is our chairman but that doesn’t stop me wishing he’d go a little bit farther. Also hope warne stays, he’s made mistakes but nobody’s perfect.
    I get what you're saying, unfortunately I don't know what state the accounts are in or whether the club could afford the type of player we need.
    500K in the Championship will only buy young players with potential.
    £1M doesn't buy much in the Championship either.
    As for spending on loan deals in January we did, Giles and Wing I doubt the budget would stretch to the type of player's we needed and besides where were these affordable players in January, I didn't see too many available.
    League 1 is Tony Stewarts comfort zone, we will have a reasonable budget next season however that won't guarantee promotion.
    The Chairman's going to have to deal with the loss in revenues from dropping out of the Championship, as long as we don't go into unsustainable debt AGAIN it will do for me.

This is what I've got against Warney. He thinks he can turn water into wine! Kept playing or bringing Flo & Hirst on. That cost us. Sadlier should have been in front of them. A manager should know were to play players to get the best out of them. Sadlier he's not a winger but got goals in him but he never got a chance to show that. Didn't get recruitment right before start of the season, all season we've needed a left back but Warney doesn't like telling Mattock he'd be 2nd choice there. We should have stayed up. I wanted another crack at the championship. But back to were we were 2 seasons ago. 2 lost seasons it's demoralising.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    This is what I've got against Warney. He thinks he can turn water into wine! Kept playing or bringing Flo & Hirst on. That cost us. Sadlier should have been in front of them. A manager should know were to play players to get the best out of them. Sadlier he's not a winger but got goals in him but he never got a chance to show that. Didn't get recruitment right before start of the season, all season we've needed a left back but Warney doesn't like telling Mattock he'd be 2nd choice there. We should have stayed up. I wanted another crack at the championship. But back to were we were 2 seasons ago. 2 lost seasons it's demoralising.
    If you ever wonder why people on here get pissed off with you, take a look at the subject line of this thread and then take a look at the posts you have made on here. You have your well stated opinion on PW but there is no need to replicate it across every single thread.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 10-05-2021 at 08:17 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123