+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tonights team - please no Costa

Tonights team - please no Costa

With injuries maybe forcing changes, just dont think Costa warrants a starting place. Present form less than mediocre, and considering all the hype / transfer fee paid, generally has been a huge flop. Lightweight, ponderous, prone to foul, spends to much time on his backside.
    As been said, time for Gelhardt, Greenwood, Summerville plus others to be given their chance. If we dont play them against the big boys, its hard to gauge if they can make the step up or not.
    Other clubs, Liverpool / Arsenal etc, seem more open to give their U23s a go, even with 1st team squads larger than ours.

I would not play him in the under 23s
    We have had our pants down from Wolves big time

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    I would not play him in the under 23s
    We have had our pants down from Wolves big time
    He was actually very good for the u23 on Monday and got stuck in - he played too many minutes to start tonight though - and breath ..... .....

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    He was actually very good for the u23 on Monday and got stuck in - he played too many minutes to start tonight though - and breath ..... .....
    Must be his level HO

Although we have certainly signed (marginally) worse players in living memory, with the price he cost us Costa has to be one of our worst signings ever. £15M is an extraordinary amount of money for someone who occasionally does OK for 45 mins in the U23s.

My heart sinks at the sight of his name among the substitutes.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    Although we have certainly signed (marginally) worse players in living memory, with the price he cost us Costa has to be one of our worst signings ever. £15M is an extraordinary amount of money for someone who occasionally does OK for 45 mins in the U23s.

My heart sinks at the sight of his name among the substitutes.
    Strange (genuinely strange) that he must know what is said about him. The fans on ever forum I have been to say it, we say it here, the pundits say it (in both "print" online media and in broadcast sessions), the wider press say it, the guy would have to be living on the moon not to know what is said, and yet when he got the chance against Leicester, he was not just incompetent, he didn't even look interested!

I know he's on a good whack, but at his age, it surely can't be the case that he'll take what he can get, bank it and hope its enough to retire on (because no other club is going to be keen to acquire his services!)? Don't get it at all.

Not sure WTF - he seems to lack confidence in his ability but had pace and talent - not sure if the injury At Wolves set him back - or if he doesn’t think he belongs.

He was the best player on the park for the u23 and played well against Liverpool so he has the ability but he is Sooooooo frustrating at other times.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Not sure WTF - he seems to lack confidence in his ability but had pace and talent - not sure if the injury At Wolves set him back - or if he doesn’t think he belongs.

He was the best player on the park for the u23 and played well against Liverpool so he has the ability but he is Sooooooo frustrating at other times.
    Agree mate - i for one was really excited when we originally took him on loan, that soon wore off based on performances - think as you say its a confidence thing with him, shame really given how much we laid out on awuiring him last Summer - If we had sent him back and saved the 15 million - added another 15 million we could have had Rodrigo-de-Paul, but don't think that was an option as I think we had commited to buy if we where promoted.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)