+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Covid jabs

My mate who is 69 ( 70 this year ) had his jab on the 2nd of February 2021, his wife is 68 (69 this year ) still waiting.

On Sunday I spoke to my mate, to see if he had any ill affects from the jab, he said a couple of days he felt off it, but now ok.

Then he told me that he had been contacted by someone from NHS, to which he & his wife were asked if they would do a survey, regarding the coronavirus, they said yes if this would help.
    The survey is over a number of weeks, where both of them are tested for covid, using the swabs, then after a blood test, mate doesn't like needles, but said ok.
    Then they were told that for the first week they will receive £50 each in vouchers, then each week after £25 each in vouchers, the vouchers can be redeemed at Supermarkets, Amazon etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    My mate who is 69 ( 70 this year ) had his jab on the 2nd of February 2021, his wife is 68 (69 this year ) still waiting.

On Sunday I spoke to my mate, to see if he had any ill affects from the jab, he said a couple of days he felt off it, but now ok.

Then he told me that he had been contacted by someone from NHS, to which he & his wife were asked if they would do a survey, regarding the coronavirus, they said yes if this would help.
    The survey is over a number of weeks, where both of them are tested for covid, using the swabs, then after a blood test, mate doesn't like needles, but said ok.
    Then they were told that for the first week they will receive £50 each in vouchers, then each week after £25 each in vouchers, the vouchers can be redeemed at Supermarkets, Amazon etc.
    Sounds a bit dodgy to me. I was fine with it till you got to the bit about vouchers as I can't believe they would pay you for this so make sure you don't give them any bank details or other unnecessary information. My wife took part in a Corona virus survey judging the prevalence of antibodies. She was sent a little kit and had to prick her finger, drop blood onto a little device then submit the readings. I think it was organised by Imperial College on behalf of the NHS and there were no offers of any vouchers of any kind. Could be genuine but tread carefully - stay aware.

Had mate on, this all legit, they have done surveys before, they already checked with NHS, & done their first test, plus it turned out, they know the nurse who is doing the test, through their daughter-in-law.

Wife had a call this morning from our GP's, in regard to having the vaccine injection, to which my wife will be 69 in 9 days time, she questioned about me having the jab. Being I am older than my wife.
    The GP's caller said that I was sent a text yesterday to my mobile phone, to which I checked, no text regarding having the vaccine injection.
    So I asked what number she had sent the text to, it turns out it was my old mobile number, to which I told her that I gave my new mobile number in October last year, when I had my medical MOT at the surgery, after changing my phone supplier, but the new number had not been put on my medical file.
    Any way she gave us appointments for Saturday 13th February, mine 15.40 & my wife's at 16.10 at the Dearne Valley leisure centre at Denaby, so not far to go.

So make sure your GP's have your telephone number, if you have changed it recently.

Also my mate had his last week, which I posted, his wife received a text this morning, regarding the vaccine jab, not sure if a scam so phoned their GP's surgery, which the confirmed was legit, they gave her a telephone number, to which when contacted, they said when can you come, she said anytime, so they told her to go this morning for 11.30 at Rotherham Leisure centre, she is 68.

Got the message yesterday to book mine.
    Queried it with GP as it was early but their records still have me as a carer for Mrs BM58 and was advised that "if you've been called for, then go"
    Booked yesterday and was jabbed at 15:19 this afternoon at Oak House.

Very well organised

Thank you NHS

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Got the message yesterday to book mine.
    Queried it with GP as it was early but their records still have me as a carer for Mrs BM58 and was advised that "if you've been called for, then go"
    Booked yesterday and was jabbed at 15:19 this afternoon at Oak House.

Very well organised

Thank you NHS

Yes, the whole system is going well, it’s just a pity that there are still sections of our society that are undermining all of the good work by not taking up the offer of a jab.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes, the whole system is going well, it’s just a pity that there are still sections of our society that are undermining all of the good work by not taking up the offer of a jab.
    These sections of society aren't helping either:

https://www.scotsman.com/read-this/1...bosses-3133502

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Strangely it appears that those sections are the one's who, statistically, are most affected.
    Is it a mis-trust issue ?

Me & the wife had our jabs this afternoon, went early in case of big queues, walked straight in, both had jabs together, I had to wait 15 minutes, with me driving, after the jab. Done at Denaby Leisure Centre.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast