+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7k easy dough

7k easy dough

Someone just settled for 7k for being discriminated against for being denied entry for not wearing a face covering despite being exempt.

I'd imagine there is a possibility of a lot of no win no fee.

Beat the banks to beat the mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Someone just settled for 7k for being discriminated against for being denied entry for not wearing a face covering despite being exempt.

I'd imagine there is a possibility of a lot of no win no fee.

Beat the banks to beat the mask.
    I saw this case and really surprised by it. Quite fed up of discrimination claim culture, common sense has to come in some day. Or even the rights of business owners .

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    I saw this case and really surprised by it. Quite fed up of discrimination claim culture, common sense has to come in some day. Or even the rights of business owners .
    Don't like it either but if companies are gonna discriminate on spurious grounds.....people.....Well lawyers are gonna stick their beaks in.

Just a wee add on.

Mrs sunshine got a letter a few years back 're a life insurance policy she had and there was a possible "mis sale".

She had to phone a number to start the ball rolling and asked if I cud handle it for her given my background.

Facts given over the phone and they had 6 weeks to respond.

They responded after 6 weeks to say they needed more time, another 4 weeks.

4 weeks later letter drops thru post, basically keep policy and £1500 compo or cancel policy £2400 roughly compo.

Took the compo, started same policy, exact same policy, end date, sum assured etc, £2 quid more a month cause of age.

Point of the tale.

I sold the policy, so I was able to complain about a policy on behalf of Mrs sunshine and win that's how mad the system was.

I had two complaints upheld in 24 years, 1 by myself.😁

Agree hmac. The expression no one is above the law is being abused. We have created a monster where the law and how it can be interpreted for the financial gain of the legal profession is more important than moral and ethical thought. Be interesting to learn what the legal costs were and more importantly who paid them.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Agree hmac. The expression no one is above the law is being abused. We have created a monster where the law and how it can be interpreted for the financial gain of the legal profession is more important than moral and ethical thought. Be interesting to learn what the legal costs were and more importantly who paid them.
    Not saying I agree or disagree on masks, but it’s a fact that govt is saying wear them to reduce risks. In this case surely the business owner is entitled to reduce their risk by saying no mask no entry and as this is a rule for all then it can’t be discriminatory. Covid from a mask exempt individual is the the same as Covid from any other source

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    There too many firms of solicitors who deal solely with this type of claim.
    I would hope that the person making the claim did not receive legal aid into the bargain.
    I always thought that the owner or manager of a shop reserved the right to refuse the right of entry of a customer to their shop.

Not saying I agree or disagree on masks, but it’s a fact that govt is saying wear them to reduce risks. In this case surely the business owner is entitled to reduce their risk by saying no mask no entry and as this is a rule for all then it can’t be discriminatory. Covid from a mask exempt individual is the the same as Covid from any other source
    I too don't know about the rights or wrongs of mask wearing but it seems typical that money is used to solve a problem caused by two conflicting rights. The right of a shopkeeper to refuse access and the right of this particular individual not to wear a mask. I would have thought the correct decision was to support the fundamental right of a shopkeeper to be able to choose who he deals with and if it had gone to court the law would have sided with the retailer. Covid does not come into it.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    There too many firms of solicitors who deal solely with this type of claim.
    I would hope that the person making the claim did not receive legal aid into the bargain.
    I always thought that the owner or manager of a shop reserved the right to refuse the right of entry of a customer to their shop.
    Homo***ual couple and cake northern Ireland???

You can't discriminate on the basis of disability.....surely if people go along with the ridiculous mask rule they have to go along when the govt allowing exemptions.

Although I once knew a guy who had a reasonably sized firm and told me " he'd never knowingly employed a dab" which I fully supported.😁

Looks like someone has spotted a loophole in the system and cashed in.
    Still never read a report on this case, unless it's been covered up for obvious reasons ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)