+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Rule Change (you pick)

One Rule Change (you pick)

Much discussion on here about refereeing decisions recently and in the past there has been talk about introducing instant video replay for goal/penalty decisions, official timekeepers to cut out time wasting etc.

There was much merriment recently about the use of the 'spray paint' in next year's World Cup to mark free kick/wall placement. If you could change or introduce one new rule (serious or frivolous) what would it be?

Mine - a 2 to 3 yard arc around the corner flag where there would be a foul amnesty and players could kick the opposition as much as they liked when the ball is in play. Can you tell I hate time wasting, especially when players take the ball into the corner

re: One Rule Change (you pick)

linesmen and refs must wear there glasses

Quote Originally Posted by gramiller1959
    linesmen and refs must wear there glasses
    Just got call from Poddington and his suggestion is that before posters on MM get to use smileys they should know the difference between there, their and they're

Who were your teachers at Monkwood Juniors, I need to have a word with them

after every game a Q & A session for referee and linesman.

Podd is, of course, technically correct... but he should be aware that most posts after about 11pm will be from Millersmadsters returning from the pub...so, to some extent, he should be happy that he can make sense of these posts anyway (including some of my ramblings!)

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller
    after every game a Q & A session for referee and linesman.
    Good call.

Would like to just let them get on with playing football instead of ***** footing around :/
    Seriously some go for a ball (which is the idea or am I wrong?) 50/50 but the ref decides to give a free kick ( for reasons only known to him) :/

Do away with penalties as they stand at the moment, far too much of the game is spent trying to win them.
    Refs have the sometimes impossible task of making a split second decision that can win or lose a game, and with up top 22 players trying to con him it's become ridiculous.
    Have spot kicks for hand ball on the line, after that award a free kicks outside the box, to try to make it not worthwhile diving when a shooting chance is on, we all know that 80% of the time players could if they wanted, stay on their feet when there's 'contact'

While we're at it do away with any association with the Premiership ie, no promotion to it, then sit back and watch it whither and disappear up it's own arris grrrrrrrr.

Bring in the old subbuteo pitch markings that had the offside between the penalty box and the half way line.Would weed out the poachers from the real footballers??

I think a good rule to introduce would be that a player must be inside the penalty area when fouled to be awarded a spot kick. Anything outside the penalty box should be a free-kick.

Would like to see the ten yard advancement of the ball rule they tried for a season reintroduced. I would have it though that the ref doesn't have to book the player to move the ball. This may stop players like Rooney constantly trying to ref the game.

I always find it unfair that if a player is fouled and needs treatment he has to leave the pitch, but not the player who fouled him. I'd make it so the offending player has to go off aswell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast