Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
If you had carefully read my post you would have noticed that I stated that the Kingsway in the early 1960’s was the bypass of Dundee. It is now the A90 main trunk road from Edinburgh and Glasgow to Aberdeen.
The Kingsway is now a lot, lot busier than it was in the early 1960’s.
I could have taken the easy option and said nothing when the plans for the new stadium development at the former NCR Camperdown grounds were published. In hindsight I should have kept my counsel and waited until there was gridlock in the car parks after the end of first home game at Campy Nou.
Then I could have posted that I knew that this would happen. FPS and the Dundee supporters would have to learn the hard way.
However I do not operate this way. I prefer to explain the pitfalls of building the new stadium at Campy Nou due to the access issues to the car parks.
I am surprised that no one has asked Dundee City Council why they only used half of the former NCR Camperdown grounds for the Ice Rink, Cinema etc. They could have built their indoor Sports Centre with adjoining pitches on the remainder of the grounds.
I love this post that is made with such certainty despite the fact no formal application was lodged providing a detailed overview of the access points and upgrades required to the road network to accommodate.

I have yet to find a football club car park that doesn't present significant delays upon exit - with the volume of fans walking to exit followed by the volume of cars leaving at the same time. Have sat for well over 20 minutes at East End Park, McDermaid, Hampden, Royal Highland show arena, airports, town centres, work carparks - basically anywhere that has significant volume of people arriving or leaving at the same time.

But of course its specific to NCR and Timex Brae